Thread: Tx 200 safety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mine is a Yanker.
    I met Tony leach at the spring bash and he told me exactly what was wrong and how to fix it.
    unfortunately my sieve like brain didn't take it in properly so the best I can say is its an easy fix for someone in the know.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

I'll add another reason. I have an LGU piston in one of my guns and it will sometimes fail to set the safety. I put the original back and it always sets. I still don't know the reason, but it always does this with the LGU piston.

mod

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    Mine is a Yanker.
    I met Tony leach at the spring bash and he told me exactly what was wrong and how to fix it.
    unfortunately my sieve like brain didn't take it in properly so the best I can say is its an easy fix for someone in the know.
    it would be nice to know the reason / mod to cure, it bugged me to the point I sold mine !!. even though many said "that's how some are" !!.

Guide / tophat length as mentioned.
    Trigger possibly gunked up or badly adjusted as mentioned.

Possibly the flange of the spring guide too thick.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Guide / tophat length as mentioned.
    Trigger possibly gunked up or badly adjusted as mentioned.

Possibly the flange of the spring guide too thick.
    Trigger is clean and lightly oiled, I had the whole lot apart and cleaned, lubed and reassembled

I was getting intermittent safety problems until I removed a preload washer , now all is good. Coil bound is most probable cause or worn cocking shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    it would be nice to know the reason / mod to cure, it bugged me to the point I sold mine !!. even though many said "that's how some are" !!.
    Same here, there should not be a need to yank/tug the lever, it should work correctly and smoothly everytime; although as you say, many say that's how some are.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

The fix. The back tip of the top sear pushes down on the top of the middle sear. This causes the middle sears top end to move forward. This lets the top end of the middle sear clear the safety and the safety pops out. A tiny bit of material added, where the top and middle sear touch, would see the middle sear move farther forward and the safety would pop out. I saw a fellow that epoxied a thin strip of feeler gauge to the top sears tip and he said it worked. Maybe a tiny bit of polishing to the top tip of the middle sear would give that tiny bit of extra clearance for the safety, but I don't know. The previous is for guns that don't have some of the other reasons listed. Really doesn't bother me whether the safety works or not since I am the number one safety device on my gun.

Yeh I'm half thinking just remove it altogether and reduce the messing about, but the other half of me wants to fix it.....

Another thought, would short stroking the gun via the use of an extended latch rod solve the issue? Less travel before trigger engagement meaning more room to move?

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    Another thought, would short stroking the gun via the use of an extended latch rod solve the issue? Less travel before trigger engagement meaning more room to move?
    On guns that are near coil bind or that have the piston skirt hitting the rear guide flange just upon cocking, yes. The longer rod latches up before the spring goes coilbound or the skirt gets near the flange. Problem is, some short stroke guns still don't set the safety easily. The problem is much rarer in the short stroke than the MarkIII stroke guns.