Thread: Heads-up. Scope bargain!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They're cheap because they are crap. Bought one a couple of months ago, first time out when I tried to zero it the whole left-right adjuster totally unscrewed from the body as the cap was stuck to the adjuster. Eventually managed to separate them, the threads were dog rough and had galled. Replaced the adjuster back into the main body using threadlock to fix it solid. Tried to zero it but it was useless and wouldn't hold it for more than a few shots even with the parallax adjusted down to 25/30 yards which is dead easy to do. Tried it again a few days later with the same result and it went in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    They're cheap because they are crap. Bought one a couple of months ago, first time out when I tried to zero it the whole left-right adjuster totally unscrewed from the body as the cap was stuck to the adjuster. Eventually managed to separate them, the threads were dog rough and had galled. Replaced the adjuster back into the main body using threadlock to fix it solid. Tried to zero it but it was useless and wouldn't hold it for more than a few shots even with the parallax adjusted down to 25/30 yards which is dead easy to do. Tried it again a few days later with the same result and it went in the bin.
    For the money it's the chance you take. Can't expect much😊
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.