Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th & 9th September 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Any time's a good time for a Boing, Paul, and all Boings more than welcome.
    Indeed, and here is a quick lunchtime BOING

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Had a delivery from JSR today and here is a Sabre 4x32 ‘scope on my HW30

https://i.imgur.com/Qee7dTU.jpg

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...-38-mount.html

More of a review on the ‘scope when I get some time, but certainly looks good value for the price

BOING
    Last edited by Paul SE; 27-06-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry, Tone, no good news on my condition, but not to worry as everything's ready for the September Bash.

Last week I sanded and resprayed all the targets and cleaned the BBQ, so all the hardware is already sorted and all I have to do now are the simple things like mowing the site and ordering toilets.

So with everything already sorted I now have nothing to worry about and can put my feet up for the next ten weeks and concentrate on getting better.

Here's to a thorough recovery Mick (lifting a glass of Pimms at you)
    Pete

Mick - Sorry to hear that your health issues continue to haunt you mate. Hope there is light as the end of the tunnel soon
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Mick - Sorry to hear that your health issues continue to haunt you mate. Hope there is light as the end of the tunnel soon
    It is a bugger that's for sure. Nice one Mick for getting things ready early for September whilst feeling crap. A true "Iron man". Have a chilled ten weeks and all the best for a long awaited recovery.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Exciting times for you, John.

All the very best and I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Plenty of "Square Sausage Opportunities" for you, methinks.

If you do get the chance to arrange a little meet-up before you go, give us a shout. Maybe get Mel and JohnBaz lined up, too?
    Its called Lorne Sausage Tony and its very tasty ! Had lots of it in my travels over the border but Stovies are better still !
    Can't stand White Pudding though, thick porridge in batter deep fried, whats that all about !
    I have to get used to the term "fish supper" though as we down here just refer to it as fish n chips !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    I can't wait that long !!
    Jonny
    I'm sure your wait will be a little shorter, Jonny, as you're one of the even luckier Boingerpeeps who usually arrives before the Saturday.

And it'll be Pauly's favourite countdown number soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I'm on holiday in Scotland that week, so sadly won't attend. I'm sure you'll have a good one though.
    Bugger!

Now that is sad as you'll be missed, Mark.

Have a great holiday though and see you at the next one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Bloody long way to go for a sausage.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Lol boing!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry, Tone, no good news on my condition, but not to worry as everything's ready for the September Bash.

Last week I sanded and resprayed all the targets and cleaned the BBQ, so all the hardware is already sorted and all I have to do now are the simple things like mowing the site and ordering toilets.

So with everything already sorted I now have nothing to worry about and can put my feet up for the next ten weeks and concentrate on getting better.
    Sorry to hear that there's no positive news on your ailment, Mick.

Sometime, sometime very soon, you've just got to start getting better.

You're a bloody star re all the graft and preparatory work you've already put in just to make the Bash possible for us.

Now, as you say, take a deep breath, relax, put your feet up and take it steady.

Look after yourself, Mick.

Sounds interesting.I will check my diary.

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    See above...
    Something went wonky with my reply Tone... Anyway that was a very interesting post and I visualised all the places you went to on that great road trip including the 'skwerr sausage' full Scottish breakfast you got at your pal's grans. Did you do that trip on motorbikes? Millport's one of my all-time favourite places ... Used to go holidays there when I young ... Last time I went was 2007 when I went over for the Country Music Festival (usually first weekend September) on my Norton Commando 750 Fastback which attracted a lot of interest.

Yes... The redoubtable infamous square (Skwerr as it's pronounced in Glasgow and Southwest Scotland thanks to the Irish influence on linguistics) sausage...A Caledonian delicacy of varying quality and fat content depending on the source of purchase. One of the best ways to enjoy is in a good quality well- fired breakfast roll or bap as you may refer to them in more southerly climes. In some ways it's similar to a beef burger but more peppery and spicier. Local butchers have their own recipes and the flavour, texture and quality varies enormously depending on the ingredients and quality of the meat, similar I suppose to beef and pork links. Usually the supermarket variety which is sometimes sold in a large long 'slab" which you slice yourself is inferior in quality, much fattier and not as tasty, so it's worth paying a bit extra for a good butchers product. There's a very good butchers called Collins in the village of Muirhead about 8 miles from me but they supply my local 'convenience' store that's just doon the road from me. Another example of Scottish 'delicacies' is the mince or Scotch pie made all all over the country by local butchers and bakers and a guid yin is an absolute delight particularly eaten along with a mug of Bovril or Oxo.. The half-time staple diet of fitba' fans all over the country.
    Once again the quality and the price can vary considerably but it's an tnterestinv and rewarding quest for me, searching for good ones which I usually do when visiting or playing gigs in different towns and villages throughout the country as I make a point of fraternising wee butcher and baker shops wherever they are. 'Stuarts of Buckhaven' in Fife make great pies... 'Scotch', Macaroni, Chicken Curry, Haggis Neeps and Tatties, Steak and various other kinds which are usually available in Scotmid Co-op shops throughout Central Scotland... Well worth checking out if anyone is on their travels up here. Next time I get down to a Bash I'll try and bring some with me.... Along with some guid quality prime 'Skwerr Sausage'.

Hope you're coping ok wi' yer wee dug. You get very attached to them. In the late 70's and 80's I had a great fox terrier whippet cross called 'Fudge'.. A remarkably clever dog, she used to ride pillion on my motorbike.. An absolute natural.
    A memorable journey was back in '87 when squeezed between me and my fiancée on the back of my Ducati Mike Hailwood replica ( and her pup, Toffo was inside my bike jacket with her head poking out as we rode 25 miles or so from Laxey to Port St Mary on the Isle of Man at the TT. We even managed a wee detour along the prom at Douglas and folks jaws were dropping as we burbled past with the occasional blip of the throttle to get the full musical benefit of the Conti 'silencers'!..Happy Days!��

What a lovely, informative and entertaining post, young sir, as many of your posts indeed are.

So, so many subjects raised there. I did guess as much re the varying quality and local variations with the square sausage.

Lovely Doggy Desmo story.

I remember reading a test in Bike magazine back in about 1979 and a particular quote referring to the Contis going something along the lines of, "these 'silencers' have probably accounted for more sleepless nights across Europe than any other sound".

Love my little dog dog, Graeme. She finished her anti-biotics yesterday and does seem a little brighter. Usually by about 8.00pm she'll have had three or four evening walks. Tonight at 8.00 we were just nipping out for her second walk. We've now had a further FOUR, though, in about an hour and three quarters, hence the sporadic posting pattern. All seems quiet now....fingers crossed.

That road trip back in '83, unfortunately, wasn't on two wheels, but in a Metro! Did the job, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Had a delivery from JSR today and here is a Sabre 4x32 ‘scope on my HW30

https://i.imgur.com/Qee7dTU.jpg

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...-38-mount.html

More of a review on the ‘scope when I get some time, but certainly looks good value for the price

BOING
    That little rifle looks SO cute, Paul. The scope certainly suits it. The Sabres that I've looked through have struck me as being remarkably good value for money and quite similar in many ways to the later Nikko Gold Crowns. Sure you'll be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    And I hope that your recovery is going well, Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Its called Lorne Sausage Tony and its very tasty ! Had lots of it in my travels over the border but Stovies are better still !
    Can't stand White Pudding though, thick porridge in batter deep fried, whats that all about !
    I have to get used to the term "fish supper" though as we down here just refer to it as fish n chips !
    Go on, then, what's a "stovy"?

Mmmm......now I could be wrong, but I love porridge and flapjack, so maybe I might be quite partial to some of that there White Pudding then?