Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd and 3rd September 2017 Boinger Bash And Fundraiser In Aid Of St Giles Hospice

Cool Seven Weeks, Boys!

Oh yes, indeedy!

Just 49 sleeps to go until fun time in our little Field of Joy.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Too near the bottom of the page

Twanggggggg
    Pete

Bloody hell, Pete, your rear guide must be sloppy as hell......I could hear that TWAAAAANG in Sheffileld this afternoon!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Very quiet on here this evening.

Anyone heard from Chris Allum ? I'm sure he's fine but there was mention earlier that he may be pregnant ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The last thing that I heard, Pauly, was that Chris was at a very advanced stage in his pregnancy and that he preferred to have junior at home. And he was having a birthing pool installed.

Be nice to see the lad nip in on the thread sometime soon.

Pregnant? Which one of you lot knocked him up? Or is it impossible to tell?

Ugh, the implications of that have made me feel a bit sick now.

Anyhoooo, I've arranged to sleep in Ethel's bed (again).

Evening Phil

Tinners reckons it's not pregnancy it's beer

To be honest mate, you and Ethel having been going for quite a while now so it probably is time to take it to the next level
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The Predator...

May be receiving a special visit soon.

Y'see, the Predator's creator, Steve Thornley had a son and daughter. Robert, Steve's son, now lives in Spain. He did come to see me at the shop a few years ago.

Anyways, he has been in touch via my wife's Faceache account and may be coming over to the UK next month. If it comes off, he'll be visiting. As he hasn't seen a Predator since 1991, he'd love to see Dad's creation. So if he pops over he can see (and have a play with) The Predator, which I'm sure will be an emotional reunion.

I have always said that The Predator will stay with me forever unless Robert wants it. So, if he decides that, one day, the time is right for it to go home, Rob is the rightful owner. The gun will be free to Robert and I will have been a very proud temporary custodian.

If his stay stretches into September, I'll see if we can get him to The Bash, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Pregnant? Which one of you lot knocked him up?
    Not guilty!

Honest!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

To be honest mate, you and Ethel having been going for quite a while now so it probably is time to take it to the next level
    Ooh, wedding bells, lovely.

I like wedding cake, I does!

Nice to be local to The Hollow, our Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    May be receiving a special visit soon.

Y'see, the Predator's creator, Steve Thornley had a son and daughter. Robert, Steve's son, now lives in Spain. He did come to see me at the shop a few years ago.

Anyways, he has been in touch via my wife's Faceache account and may be coming over to the UK next month. If it comes off, he'll be visiting. As he hasn't seen a Predator since 1991, he'd love to see Dad's creation. So if he pops over he can see (and have a play with) The Predator, which I'm sure will be an emotional reunion.

I have always said that The Predator will stay with me forever unless Robert wants it. So, if he decides that, one day, the time is right for it to go home, Rob is the rightful owner. The gun will be free to Robert and I will have been a very proud temporary custodian.

If his stay stretches into September, I'll see if we can get him to The Bash, too.
    That's brilliant Tone, love a story like that. I can see the sweet bitterness of letting the Predator go if you do but sounds like the perfect next chapter if it does happen, and, if Robert could make it to The Bash, that would be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    That's brilliant Tone, love a story like that. I can see the sweet bitterness of letting the Predator go if you do but sounds like the perfect next chapter if it does happen, and, if Robert could make it to The Bash, that would be brilliant.
    Yep. When I bought the rifle from Steve all those years ago, at a figure which was a lot, lot less than they were going to sell for, we had an agreement that, if I were ever to sell it, Steve would get first refusal. With Steve's sad passing this, obviously, can't happen.

So it would only be right that Robert had it if he wished.

And, as you say, full circle and the perfect, correct next chapter.

Robert's happy that, through its many Bash visits, more and more people now know The Predator and it would be awesome if he could make it to The Bash, shoot the rifle some more and see more people gaining enjoyment from having a go.

Fingers crossed........

48 little sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!!

Oooooo.....just caught it floundering towards the foot of the page.

How are my lovely Boingerkin keeping?

Managed to sneak another plink in today. The Gamo again. Mainly sitting, then a few standers. Keep using the Gamo with the oh-so-vague trigger, the reasoning behind that is that it's going to really make me appreciate the triggers on the HWs and the TX when I next use 'em!

BOING!!

And yes, my word, does it BOING!! I was using an Argos catalogue for a pellet trap rather than the usual steel one and that BOING seemed so much more pronounced. I think I'll have to strip it pretty soon!

Ooooo,

Look at dat.

Three posts all day.

And they're all mine.

BOING!!