Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
The members of Melbourne Marksmen had a meeting tonight to discuss running an airgun fayre on our range at the RBL

The outcome is that we decided to run a fayre this summer and on the day also organise both bell target and paper target competitions.

The objectives are to generate interest in bell target shooting and in our club and also of course to stimulate interest in the hobby of collecting and shooting old air guns.

We will keep the costs low for those attending and prizes will be awarded to the top shooters in the competitions. Those attending can bring their own guns or use our club's guns in the competitions.

We will also stage a bring and buy sale for those attending who only have one or two items to sell

I need to get the blessing from the RBL management and from my local fire arms dept and of course from the National Body who will arrange the insurance.
When I have these, I will post a date for the event on this section of the BBS. Chris H our Chairman/Treasurer who many of you know, will do likewise on the other well known forum.

When we have the permissions Chris and I will also advise regarding costs for use of tables etc. The date for the event will probably be in July/August

I am aware that other BBS members are investigating running another fayre this year and we will try to ensure they do not coincide.

John

Some progress fellas.

I have had a discussion with Derbyshire Firearms Licensing Manager today regarding this event and permission has been given for us to hold this fayre

However it was made clear that those selling on the day must be collectors or enthusiasts and not dealers or someone who buys and sells airguns or airgun parts to make or supplement an income.

This is what I expected and I believe that this should not be a problem. This is not as strict a requirement as that imposed by Leics Firearms Dept for the Leics/Groby fayre where it was made clear that anyone who had sold airguns at a previous, similar type event should not sell at that event.

So the first hurdle is over.

John