Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
As above, again, but I guess it depends on what you want?
SSP rifles are with us (think the 6ft lb rifles) but not really in the 12 ftlb league apart from a few examples. Do you want to get away from a PCP i.e. recoil free with its own power source not reliant on bottles etc? Would there be a market for a resurrected Park or Whiscombe? They would satisfy the recoil free criterion. And are self contained.
I often wonder what the limitations are that mean a 12ft lb SSP is so difficult to produce.... ant physicists care to explain. The PH Dragon is not too bad after all.
Is there not a sort of PCP / SSP combination out there that has a precharged cylinder that just needs a single stroke top up after each full power shot ... or am I getting a tad confused.
Cheers, Phil
Some good points in there Phil, I think for those wanting recoil free without a bottle, myself included, there would be a market for the recoilless springers (judging by how much whiscombes trade hands for!).

I too share your thoughts about what it is that’s so difficult to produce about a full power SSP. The dragon is a lovely gun, and the Mohawk has a fairly simple design. Why couldn’t the best bits of each be combined with modern material and manufacturing technology?

And the FX independence is the gun I think you are thinking of

Tom.