Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    correct. there is more than one unhappy customer claiming to have lost items or had a bad experience.
    i don't hold a gun to there head. they can use who they want I'm really not bothered who they use

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Using the search facilty on this forum and going back years shows that a leopard doesnt change its spots.
    that's right designs things then blames bsa for not making them to his design pull the other one bowket. you get your pay cheque from bsa and your then out. so no more money. so what if i design a fault in the gun and offer a bowket blue print.. that means happy days is this not true john bowket or do you prefer to grow money in your garden.. your old your past it and you don't have the equipment your machining skills are a joke looks like you machined them with a bent nail. go on the Facebook forums john plenty of pictures and unhappy customers of yours there. infect a lot come to me.. search here for airtech tuned r10 i think your name is mentioned in that write up.. you have always been on my case from as early as 1990s well i will tell you one think. you better read some more books as your no longer the best where bsa rifles are concerned. your non mechanical reg. i made one back in 1991 yours is just a bad copy that uses a o ring and ball bearing. how come all your regs go tits up. even the non mechanical one does. a chamber filled with compressed air to replace a spring. so unless anyone has the adaptor (i do) then they have to go back to you to have it serviced. what about the guy who had you do his R10 he wasn't happy with it so sold it. a week later the non mechanical reg went tits up. new guy contacted you and hay presto your life time warranty is non transferable the reg was less than 2 months old. sounds like your customer relations could also do with upgrading.
    I'm surprised the admin of this site have let this go as far as it has but now bowkets name is mentioned i bet it will soon be stopped. greenwayjames = real name john bowket. james greenway = john bowket.. so it seems the leopard never changes his spots even tho he tries too by using so many other names

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    your non mechanical reg. i made one back in 1991 yours is just a bad copy that uses a o ring and ball bearing. how come all your regs go tits up. even the non mechanical one does. a chamber filled with compressed air to replace a spring. so unless anyone has the adaptor (i do) then they have to go back to you to have it serviced.
    As a victim of a non mechanical regulator, I cannot disagree...

Thumbs down

greenwayjames = real name john bowket.
    If that's true, I'm very sad for the cottage industry that is independent airgun tuners.

I've become suspicious of some hidden agenda by the way Mr James posts have tried to encourage discord on this thread in a very snide way.

Maybe I've been naive but, I assumed that, in such a small world, you guys may all be aware of each other and, would probably be in contact with each other to some degree - a level of professional courtesy if you like.

If indeed that is Mr Bowkett, the posts on this thread have not shown his character in a very good light at all.

I will say that I've never had any contact with Carl and, I have never knowingly used any of his kit. I have heard many good things about the work done by both Airtech and John Bowkett.

In my working life I've known many very good engineers (one still works for an F1 team) - almost all of them were crap with paperwork and, absolutely shit with customer service.

Maybe it is time that this thread was knocked on the head

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Yes, it's all well and funny when it doesn't happen to you, different story when it's your stuff missing or your the one who has to dig into your pocket to put it right.
    Yes, your correct.. I usually take it up with the person privately.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    As a victim of a non mechanical regulator, I cannot disagree...
    This thread isn't really about Bowkett and his regs, though. That's a smokescreen,

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Yes, your correct.. I usually take it up with the person privately.

Good luck trying that with Carl, I've been trying since last year without an answer.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I have already offered that but he choses to continue the slagging off. he is under the impression all this is going to shut me down. what he does not realize is i are just about to open the largest shooting range in Shropshire. along with a shop that will be stocking most pcp rifles made. i own a engineering company nothing to do with rifles. and he thinks bollocks over a mag is going to shut me down.. dream on he has been given options i will go half way in a mag. but why should i do that. your all saying he sent it. where is the proof. there isn't any. if it was wrapped up that well looking like rubbish then its very possible it could have been mistaken as rubbish. if your going to wrap something up that's important then it should be in a envelope or something so it cannot be mistaken as packing. he has also been given the option i will revert the rifle back to as it was standard give him a refund and he can go elsewhere,
    You are not convincing me that I would want to be a customer of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    You are not convincing me that I would want to be a customer of yours.
    Same here mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Good luck trying that with Carl, I've been trying since last year without an answer.
    There are legal ways to focus the mind, & none of them include shedding your ache in an oily manner serving no positive outcome other than the toxic mimic of satisfaction, which is nothing more than a fruitless attempt at filling the endless pain void of loss.
    I'm sorry you guys have lost out, it sucks, hell I hate paying for anything that is vaguely sub STD, bad value or not as described, but spilling that pain in a revengeful or spiteful way (intentionally or not) & spreading it all over the screen does nothing positive for everyone.

Atb
    Rhys
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 28-05-2017 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Additional 'b' required... Thanks mods for tempering my filth!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

There are legal ways to focus the mind, & none of them include shedding your ache in an oily manner serving no positive outcome other than the toxic mimic of satisfaction, which is nothing more than a fruitless attempt at filling the endless pain void of loss.
    I'm sorry you guys have lost out, it sucks, hell I hate paying for anything that is vaguely sub STD, bad value or not as described, but spilling that pain in a revengeful or spiteful way (intentionally or not) & spreading it all over the screen does nothing positive for everyone.

At
    Rhys
    WtF must be related ! Impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    WtF must be related ! Impressive...
    I used to be related to the world taekwondo federation but I finished practicing with them 20 years ago.

Atb
    Rhys
    What a post ,best one so far on this topic . I take my hat off to you sir

Atb
    Rhys
    I would disagree with you there. Provided it is a legitimate complaint, it represents an opportunity for the company concerned to display their excellent customer service and responsiveness (or otherwise) and for potential customers to evaluate them.

If this particular concern had not been aired, together with Airtech's response, how many other members might find their hard-earned cash wasted on a sub-standard service?

Airtech questions above why the Admin have not closed/removed this thread. I like to think because they, too, are doing their bit for keeping the membership informed.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    I would disagree with you there. Provided it is a legitimate complaint, it represents an opportunity for the company concerned to display their excellent customer service and responsiveness (or otherwise) and for potential customers to evaluate them.

If this particular concern had not been aired, together with Airtech's response, how many other members might find their hard-earned cash wasted on a sub-standard service?

Airtech questions above why the Admin have not closed/removed this thread. I like to think because they, too, are doing their bit for keeping the membership informed.
    Yes, I see your point there. I suppose it's the hate filled manner in which this has been addressed from both sides more than the subject matter that I was referring to.
    Thanks for pointing that out
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 28-05-2017 at 08:54 AM.