Thread: tasco tr 6-24x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They're a good quality 90s scope but are obviously more than 20 years old now. I bought one for £70 off the bay 5 years ago, and another one for about £110. Depends on the condition, but £70-£135 is about right, maybe £150 for as new? People like mildots now and these have bracketing reticles and 1" bodies - old school.
    This one hasn’t got original box instructions or all the turrets but from the pictures I’ve seen very nice condition and was a fair price

Cheers

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran07 View Post
    This one hasn’t got original box instructions or all the turrets but from the pictures I’ve seen very nice condition and was a fair price

Cheers
    They're a really nice scope and I wish I had not sold mine. Quality Japanese work. Just make sure the parallax adjuster is not super-stiff. The smaller TR is good as well.

They're a really nice scope and I wish I had not sold mine. Quality Japanese work. Just make sure the parallax adjuster is not super-stiff. The smaller TR is good as well.
    Tbh I might not keep it anyway it’s for a 1979 fwb 124 sport and I’d rather something smaller like a 3-9x40
    But see how I feel once it turns up

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran07 View Post
    Tbh I might not keep it anyway it’s for a 1979 fwb 124 sport and I’d rather something smaller like a 3-9x40
    But see how I feel once it turns up
    It's a long scope and I'm not sure it would fit on a Sport... would be cool if it did though, add a bit of weight to the rifle. More one for a 77 or TX iirc.

It's a long scope and I'm not sure it would fit on a Sport... would be cool if it did though, add a bit of weight to the rifle. More one for a 77 or TX iirc.
    If it does fit I’ll try abit of old school field target with it
    My 97 is fully tricked up big nikko and cs1000 stock
    And Paul short stage 4 tuned

Bit much for a Sport. Don’t like that idea myself, even if it doesn’t foul the breech block. Just measured one. A bit over 15” long. That’s long.

I guess they sit best on old-school FT PCPs, something like a Shamal or NJR.

The classic Sport FT scope is the Tasco 2-7x32AO. But nothing bigger than a 3-9x40 or, if you really must, and I wouldn’t, a 4-12x40.

I’ve had two 6-24 TRs in recent years. The cheaper one was around £75-85, the really nice one with all the bits was about £130.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Bit much for a Sport. Don’t like that idea myself, even if it doesn’t foul the breech block. Just measured one. A bit over 15” long. That’s long.

I guess they sit best on old-school FT PCPs, something like a Shamal or NJR.

The classic Sport FT scope is the Tasco 2-7x32AO. But nothing bigger than a 3-9x40 or, if you really must, and I wouldn’t, a 4-12x40.

I’ve had two 6-24 TRs in recent years. The cheaper one was around £75-85, the really nice one with all the bits was about £130.
    I totally agree but I’ll give a try but my preference would be an old tv style scope for the fwb but the tasco is a scope I’ve always fancied a look through as I ask previously good chance it will be passed on I haven’t got an itch to get an old sportsmatch or s njr
    I’ve got two steyr and a hw97 for field target
    I like useing the fwb just with the original open sights to be fair but as I say I’d just got an itch to try this tasco and pass it on I expect