Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best budget Bullpup?

Best budget Bullpup?

In and out of this hobby like a YoYo and now looking for some PCP Bullpups.

I need to buy 3 so value for money is the king... But I want something that is as accurate as my old AA400.

Seen a lot of new names on the market with wildly different reviews on their accuracy, seems some were designed
    to be far above the UK's legal limit. Some reviews said they were super accurate and then others stating they had the
    total opposite and they could not get the guns to group at all because of the lower power output and the guns not
    being designed for the lower limit.

Opinions/experiences?

I may have posted previously about the Reign but never got around to trying one. Anything better for less money?

Single shot/multishot not an issue. ( .177)

Many Thanks.
    Last edited by FOZZD1; 20-04-2024 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Added .177

To match your s400 isn’t going to be cheap

Anything below a £1k is going to be pot luck, I’ve got a few budget bpups that are as accurate yes but I’ve had plenty that weren’t

New your best bet for an accurate bpup out the box is something from Kalibrgun, AGT, Airmaks, Edgun ranges, used these are around a £1k each, then there’s the Daystate pulsar, AA Galahad (can have cocking issues)
    Or look for a sorted budget pup as they are a tinkerers dream, I’ve a few Karl’s and other Turkish bpups that are excellent now but all needed tic, like regulating and rebarreling with just two original barrels out of a dozen guns I’ve bought have stayed put, the rest have had either LW, CZ or Cometa barrels fitted

From personal experience I’d give FiX a wide berth especially as you want accuracy, didn’t think the hwpup was anything but heavy and every Chinese gun I’ve had has had issue and with zero parts available I’ve stop trying.

For me, if I had to buy a bpup and guarantee accuracy it would be a kalibrgun cricket or an AGT Vulcan
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

ive the cricket love it most accurate gun ive owned

Reximex Ixia
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

my mate has just purchesed one of these

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    ive the cricket love it most accurate gun ive owned
    They are an awesome little pup aren’t they, I’ve searched plenty of other so called high end pups but never found one as good
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Reximex Ixia
    I’ve had two in .177 and one went back under warranty and they other I bought used which was meant to be great, sadly it wasn’t so I had to buy a LW barrel and get that machined up, then the reg started messing about so I sold it as a project, like I say the Turkish stuff can be ok but your rolling the dice and I’ve never had one out of 25+ that could match an s400 for accuracy

not had any first hand experiences only
    you tuber s testing reximex regime

I have a Regime and an Ixia. For the money the Regime is hard to beat (£400) but the Reign is also an excellent gun

bpup

anyone tried a skan ar, .22 multishot??

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Id vote for the Turkish guns... Kral and reximex.. But as suggested above, they will all need some fettling.. What makes them budget is the lack of quality control and fine tuning...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

What about the Gamo Boxer ?

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    What about the Gamo Boxer ?
    I had one for about a month, it didn’t shoot that great and cocking it wasn’t nice. Perhaps a tinkering session would change that but I didn’t need another project

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Id vote for the Turkish guns... Kral and reximex.. But as suggested above, they will all need some fettling.. What makes them budget is the lack of quality control and fine tuning...
    Me too
    I like a Turk as they respond well to a sub12 fettle

But OP wants s400 accuracy out the box

the cricket i have now will do me for a good while accurate and solid build