Thread: What to do with a FWB Sport 124

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    of all the springers I have ever tuned (hundreds ) The sport is the easiest to get 12 ( and over ) Ft Lbs out of with hardly any work in fact sometimes you struggle to get them under 12

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    of all the springers I have ever tuned (hundreds ) The sport is the easiest to get 12 ( and over ) Ft Lbs out of with hardly any work in fact sometimes you struggle to get them under 12
    Agree on the usual power level and chance to exceed the limit.

But surely the easiest is the HW80, especially as many “legal limit” 80s were sold back in the day making more than 12 ft-lbs? The Webley Tomahawk (21 ft-lbs in FAC trim), AA Pro-Elite and Diana 48/52 and probably the 460 are also in the running.

So, you've never had a .22 HW80?

IMO the 'Sport looks better than the HW35/95/80 but the trigger isn't as good (few are) and the plastic open sights and blade (Mk 1) on the 'Sport a disappointment. On a plus side the 'Sport has a re settable safety as standard. Also the HWs are far easier to strip.

You will not be disappointed with a nicely tuned version of either.

Horses for courses.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    So, you've never had a .22 HW80?

IMO the 'Sport looks better than the HW35/95/80 but the trigger isn't as good (few are) and the plastic open sights and blade (Mk 1) on the 'Sport a disappointment. On a plus side the 'Sport has a re settable safety as standard. Also the HWs are far easier to strip.

You will not be disappointed with a nicely tuned version of either.

Horses for courses.

ATB
    Ian
    yeah I have had quite a few 80s But I did have one ( still have it actually ) that I really struggled to get 9 Ft Lbs out of ! mostly a polish and Lube and you have to cut down the spring not this bugger, in the end I turned a spigot on the spring guide to fit in the back block it was in bits that many times ! So 80s yes Mostly but not always

In my experience the piston seals supplied by John Knibbs are an excellent fit, no additional fitting required as such which is a real bonus.

Macarri’s springs are excellent, but these days I prefer the feel of the sports standard spring, or as already mentioned, a 77 spring is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    In my experience the piston seals supplied by John Knibbs are an excellent fit, no additional fitting required as such which is a real bonus.

Macarri’s springs are excellent, but these days I prefer the feel of the sports standard spring, or as already mentioned, a 77 spring is fine too.
    Yes I prefer the longer soft spring It feels smoother than the stiff one ! When everyone was fitting venom etc I was scooping up the old ones they took out Funnily enough they even seem to work fine buckled or S shaped
    The sport is my favorite springer but I no longer have Ten

The sport is my favorite springer but I no longer have Ten
    I can sympathize Mally, l’m down to 9 now too

So 80s yes Mostly but not always
    There is always the exception to the general rule.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk