Thread: Happiness is a BSA Supersport.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Really nice reading material, this thread
    Nice that you love this relatively simple and cheap airgun so much, and that you shoot so well with it.
    Personally I find that most BSA's have a bit more character to them than the German offerings. Just this nice Englishness, like a Land Rover and a Barbour waxcoat.
    Although I've never owned a Supersport, I have just bought a Lightning in .22 for 120 pounds posted. I was happy with that deal.
    It's in great condition, but the trigger needed some attention (I swapped the trigger mech from a Spitfire donor/repair gun, and now it's spot on).
    Perhaps that's the reason why it's so clean, who knows.
    I'm loving it. Not pretty, no, but as written above: a very comfortable stock. Much like the one on Ultra mmc's.
    Used to have a Welsh Willy tuned Lightning in a wooden stock - nicer to look at. I regret selling that one. It was lovely.
    Cheers and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Really nice reading material, this thread
    Nice that you love this relatively simple and cheap airgun so much, and that you shoot so well with it.
    Personally I find that most BSA's have a bit more character to them than the German offerings. Just this nice Englishness, like a Land Rover and a Barbour waxcoat.
    Although I've never owned a Supersport, I have just bought a Lightning in .22 for 120 pounds posted. I was happy with that deal.
    It's in great condition, but the trigger needed some attention (I swapped the trigger mech from a Spitfire donor/repair gun, and now it's spot on).
    Perhaps that's the reason why it's so clean, who knows.
    I'm loving it. Not pretty, no, but as written above: a very comfortable stock. Much like the one on Ultra mmc's.
    Used to have a Welsh Willy tuned Lightning in a wooden stock - nicer to look at. I regret selling that one. It was lovely.
    Cheers and enjoy

Very nice and purposeful looking brace of rifles there, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!