here we go again the age old it cant be done with sub 12ft the guy wants his air rifle for plinking not killing therefore the sub 12ft air rifle will hole cans at 100yards allowing for windage gravity and drop charecteristics of the pellet by weight force and gravity yes it is very hard to achieve PonP accuracy at 100yards or more sub 12ft air rifle but it can and indeed is being done out to 200yards 4/5 shots hitting as mentioned on earlier posts proven by video at that range to target on you tube
maybe it is because everybody thinks that the sub 12ft rifle can only go 50 yards then thats it no further well i am sorry to burst your bubble but the max range for .177 for paper punching would be 301 yards in the right windage elevation power and accuracy of trajectory path of the pellet and still have enough energy to pass through paper target
on the .22 distance that is 216yards to still carry enough force to pass through paper target this also has been proven by lots of sub 12ft airgun shooters trying to see exactly wheather or not it is possible the simple answer is go do it yourself and see

the answer to the threads question would have to be yes it is possible with skill and taking into account all conditions from the rifles power sub 12ft but no less than 10.3ft would indeed hit your plinking target in either .177 or .22 at 100yrds the best rifle for the job is the .177 due to its flater trajectory therefore maintaining more velocity/power futher in distance than the .22

i can personally use my EV2 .177, s410 .22, daystate mk4is .177,HW100s .177 HW97k .22, HW90 .22 and my air arms prosport .177 all hit 100yard targets both paper and knocking off cans at 100yrds the first 4 above mentioned rifles have also hit 150yards, 200yards targets the .177 targets i have hit 287yards through paper target and the grouping was large and wide but with lots of practice then no doubt eventually you would get close grouping as we all mainly dont regularly shoot under 150yards with air rifles and when somebody does do it you all say the same thing over and over again of "no way it's impossible" but you say that without going out and actually trying to do it and not just useing 5 shots use 500 before saying impossible then if you give it your very best to hit the target at that range ask everyone you know to try it
my gun club range has 25 50 and 100yrd target sets both for smallbore and airgun can use it many times i have heard this said and everyone at my club knows that yes you can hit the target at 100yards easy with .22 and .177 and with practice and skill you can get very good grouping fair enough you would not sgoot quarry at that range but you can plink and practice at any distance provided you have space and permission to do so but before saying impossible the the words i say is "GO AND TRY IT AND TRY LIKE YOU MEAN IT NOT JUST 5 SHOTS AS YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED THAT RANGE BEFORE SO YOU ARE BOUND TO MISS QUITE A FEW SHOTS AS YOU NO DOUBT DID WHEN FIRST TRIED SHOOTING BUT PRACTICE LETS YOU GET THE 20 30 40 OR 55YRDS YOU SHOOT AT NOW SO WHY NOT PRACTICE 100YRD THEN TEST THE FURTHEST TARGET YOU CAN HIT BEFORE SAYING NO WAY "
very dissapointed in the fact that we call ourselves shooters but are too quick to dissmiss what others have tried and are getting good at without trying it first moan over