Thread: are modern pellets good enough?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Crosman Premier 0.177 7.9gr in the boxes were still available recently. I'm sure Ramsbottom sell them but only the heavies in 10+gr ... but still in the boxes at 1250 per box.

Crosman did a few deals with the odd rifle manufacturer ( Webley etc ). The name Accupell started appearing in Webley tins.

There are a number of tins now with Premier written on them. If you look closely you'll probably see that the tins also say ... Ultra Magnum ( 10.5gr ) ... Super Point. They tend to say ... Premier ... across the top of the tin. Not Crosman Premier.

I think you'll find that you can still get the Crosman Premier 0.177 in a box. The boxes still say Crosman Premier.

Solware used to sell the 0.177 boxed Crosman Premier 7.9gr.

Look on their webpage under pellets. Try page 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    The Crosman Premier 0.177 7.9gr in the boxes were still available recently. I'm sure Ramsbottom sell them but only the heavies in 10+gr ... but still in the boxes at 1250 per box.

Crosman did a few deals with the odd rifle manufacturer ( Webley etc ). The name Accupell started appearing in Webley tins.

There are a number of tins now with Premier written on them. If you look closely you'll probably see that the tins also say ... Ultra Magnum ( 10.5gr ) ... Super Point. They tend to say ... Premier ... across the top of the tin. Not Crosman Premier.

I think you'll find that you can still get the Crosman Premier 0.177 in a box. The boxes still say Crosman Premier.
    Have crosman stopped selling the accupels as i could not find them when i did a search the other day? Only came up as webley accupels?

Not sure if the quality of the pellets has fallen recently but quality control may have. Yesterday I opened a new tin of jsb heavies, I found about 1/2 dozen pellets that were most likely jsb exacts. Needles to say a couple of rogue exacts managed to escape and ruined my shot string.

I would love to know from the more learned among us, what is the “ ideal” shape ammunition for 12fpe air weapons?

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Have crosman stopped selling the accupels as i could not find them when i did a search the other day? Only came up as webley accupels?
    Yes, been that way for a few years now - all the 'Accu' pellets are now Webley (not sure who actually make them - not Crosman though!)
    Only thing I'm wary of, is that Crosman only use one size of tin - so 500 .177 pellets are packed in a tin that takes 500 .22 ones, allowing them to rattle around a fair bit. so I'm sticking to .177 7.9gr boxed as long as I can still get them