Thread: JSB exact pellets. Normal 8.44 gr or heavies 10.34gr for sub 12 springers????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

After a couple of shots to get used to the slightly different shot cycle, we both agreed that recoil was a bit more, but it felt rather nice (not very scientific, eh?).
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I've also found that the weight of a pellet can change the feel of the shot cycle too
    Meant to point out on my previous post, too, but the size and, hence, tightness in the breech and also the thickness and hardness of the skirt makes one hell of a lot of difference too, Rhys. In many cases, more so than the weight.

Now, Phil mentions that after a couple of shots with the Heavies, we got used to the shot cycle and it did actually seem quite nice. And I think I believe that that is it and it's just a case of the user getting used to the new shot cycle feel.

But then I have sometimes wondered....."what if" .......and maybe this is a little "far out", but what if the gun ACTUALLY LEARNS THE PELLET to a degree. Well, when I say "gun", more specifically the SPRING? After a few shots can the spring metallurgy actually learn the characteristics for the most efficient shot cycle, re-arranging its composition slightly to cater for the very slightly different acceleration, distance travelled on the forward stroke and the subsequent bounce?

Discuss........politely!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Discuss........politely!
    Rhys is a hippie with no friends?

I love Rhys.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Sorry Phil, I've upgraded to a lot harder uncompromising redneck... I now enjoy watching hippies fetch me things

I especially enjoy saying "FETCH IT THEN" in a voice similar to Jason Statham (because I now smoke straight Marlborough and drink moonshine)to them, then they gallop off to get me things as I sit in my pallet wood throne.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

That's more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Sorry Phil, I've upgraded to a lot harder uncompromising redneck... I now enjoy watching hippies fetch me things

I especially enjoy saying "FETCH IT THEN" in a voice similar to Jason Statham (because I now smoke straight Marlborough and drink moonshine)to them, then they gallop off to get me things as I sit in my pallet wood throne.

Well you do have the looks for it, Rhys.

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well you do have the looks for it, Rhys.

image.jpeg
    That's all changed now Mick, the guy above looks like a bit of a girl. I had a hair cut found a vest and a chainsaw with "MAC" written on the side. Which is great for trimming down those hippy willow woven arches in my flipflops. I started looking after pigs too.

FETCH IT THENNN!!!
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 17-08-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Is that Charles Manson, Mick? ... He lived on a farm, and had hippie disciples...

eff off Capture.JPG

Is that Charles Manson, Mick? ... He lived on a farm, and had hippie disciples...

eff off Capture.JPG
    Your looking well Phil, have you had your eyes whitened?