Thread: New Beretta 92 FS by Umarex

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    At £198 in the link in the first post? Not far off the proper Umarex pistols then..

Sorry but sliding rail or not the finish on the Umarex guns lasts a lot longer. Look at the video in the first post, the paint finish just scrapes away where the safety catch and slide locking lever rub against the paint. The Umarex finish doesnt scrape off or wear away. I'm not just talking about where it rubs off on the sharp edges as that doesnt look too bad, but it shouldn't be scraped away by the saftey catches etc. That doesnt look authentic to me, just looks cheap.

All I was saying was it is a shame as I do really like these blowback replicas. You just have to basically not use them if you want them to stay looking good.
    It doesn't last a lot longer. The Umarex Beretta is basically a bastard half breed, a bad airgun and a bad replica. The finish will last 5 minutes with reciprocating parts and will look ridiculous, i.e. it will not look like a deep lustre blued or Inox finish, it will just look like the shitty Umarex paint with a cheap modelling gloss varnish applied over the top, not the finish of a firearm. Any lubrication will just soil it further.

Most powder burners are exactly the same, no painted Umarex finish on those, just a bit of controlled rust. We are spoiled with airgun finishes as they are not subjected to the same rigours as a powder burner, I can safely say that EVERY powder burner I have ever fired has shown wear marks similar to those on a KWC. Even a shelf queen of a 92FS Inox shows wear on the mating surfaces, a blued model even more so. The Umarex finish does not replicate the finish properly, but Umarex tend not to worry about how accurate their replicas are (thats why they sub them out to KWC).

With regards to price point how much do you want to pay for Beretta branding ? the same gun will be out soon at sub £100 without them. That said I paid less than £100 for my branded CZ75 from ASG, that has a similar finish and after nearly a year of use has no signs of wear.
    Last edited by blooregard; 21-05-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich