Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
Cartridge projectiles are NOT used in muzzleloaders. What has this to do with the MLAGB or MLAIC, and why are you citing them? And how could there possibly be a chain fire of any kind in a cartridge-firing firearm?

tac, again.

Nor did I say that they were

I may have confused you by making more than one point in a single post. I was pointing out that MLAIC and MLAGB rules for muzzle loading revolvers mandate over ball lubrication. I was also pointing out that modern cartridges employ a lubricated bullet, and this lubrication is clearly not to prevent chain fires - so it is there for another reason.......

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
This. ^

Looking inside the case of my Colt revolver, at the instructions on the label, there is positively NO mention whatsoever of either wads or over-ball grease.

Back in the day, a few hardy souls who kept their guns loaded for extended periods MAY have used some kind of grease over the ends of the chambers, but these days......

Your guns, and your choice.

tac
You contend that the wisdom of the ancients is not capable of improvement - they got every part of the shooting art exactly perfect first time and the words of Mr Colt are sacrosanct?

I'll bet that your label instructions make no mention of filler either - and I'll bet that you do use filler in your revolvers - or is it max BP load every time?