Thread: Why I am Beginning To Change My Mind About Sub12 Hunting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bighit, most interesting post. Makes a lot of sense to me.
    As a Deer Warden I have to dispatch a good few deer. My method is a explosive brain shot. It can take a good while for the body to realise its very dead which is no help when there are witnesses to Bambi's demise.

I consider air rifle pellets be it .177 or .22 as a stiletto stabbing rather than some explosive grenade going off inside. Shot placement is everything. I suspect it takes at least 18ft/lbs to generate some kind of meaningful hydraulic destruction effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    bighit, most interesting post. Makes a lot of sense to me.
    As a Deer Warden I have to dispatch a good few deer. My method is a explosive brain shot. It can take a good while for the body to realise its very dead which is no help when there are witnesses to Bambi's demise.

I was always told it was stored up energy and that as they are skittish they are ready to move at a milliseconds notice. When you took the brain out ,you let the energy escape via the muscles .

Maybe that is the pre programmed bit

This flapping around after death is quite common in chickens I have dispatched. My mate Pat Yoko told me of a Cape Buffalo shot with a 375 Holland and Holland and it ran over 100 yards before dropping. When butchered its heart was found to be destroyed. Its thought the muscles in the body and legs keep the blood pumping around for a while. What a subject to get on !

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD