Thread: Diana 34s or SM ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very good find. I remember these from around 2002/03 ish. Not sure how long they ran for. Looks very like the model 38 of the time, (barrel and moderator aside). A really purposeful looking gun. Came in a hard case and with an RWS branded scope. 4-12×40 PA ?
    I hope you enjoy the 34SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Very good find. I remember these from around 2002/03 ish. Not sure how long they ran for. Looks very like the model 38 of the time, (barrel and moderator aside). A really purposeful looking gun. Came in a hard case and with an RWS branded scope. 4-12×40 PA ?
    I hope you enjoy the 34SM.
    Cheers Drew.
    The scope on this is a RWS 3-9X40 WA/PA and mounted in what looks like a medium height sportsmatch mount.
    I won't use the scope or the mount. I don't get on with PA scopes and I tend to use high mounts.
    Unfortunately no case.
    B.A.S.C. member

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Rob if you're interested I still have a welsh willy tuning kit here out of my one that you can have for a good price, let me know if it's any use to you.

I also need to get a photo hosting site sorted as I'm going to put my 34 up for sale.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Nice write up and pics over there. I'm not a member but can access your review. The 34 of this era does look like a meaty HW80 rival but earlier and later versions are slimmer and lighter. More manageable than an HW95 in my view.
    If the 34SM balances well with the moderator then a smaller, slimmer replacement will have to be heavier than it looks.
    I have seen 34 pistons, drilled as you describe but not on recent versions. Older would seem to be better as far as these go.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Nice write up and pics over there. I'm not a member but can access your review. The 34 of this era does look like a meaty HW80 rival but earlier and later versions are slimmer and lighter. More manageable than an HW95 in my view.
    If the 34SM balances well with the moderator then a smaller, slimmer replacement will have to be heavier than it looks.
    I have seen 34 pistons, drilled as you describe but not on recent versions. Older would seem to be better as far as these go.
    The supplied mod just looks horrid and makes the rifle over long considering the tiny barrel. I like shortys hence the choice of a smaller slimmer mod for me.
    If you can access it, maybe others here can too. Tried to put a link on but can't
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Rob if you're interested I still have a welsh willy tuning kit here out of my one that you can have for a good price, let me know if it's any use to you.

I also need to get a photo hosting site sorted as I'm going to put my 34 up for sale.

Pete
    Pete you dont need a hosting site to add pics if you're putting something up in sales section on here (or freeads come to that).
    On here when you start a new sales post just scroll down and go to manage attachments. It allows you to add pics direct from your pc to a sales post.
    We just cant add pics this way to other areas of the forum.
    B.A.S.C. member

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Pete you dont need a hosting site to add pics if you're putting something up in sales section on here (or freeads come to that).
    On here when you start a new sales post just scroll down and go to manage attachments. It allows you to add pics direct from your pc to a sales post.
    We just cant add pics this way to other areas of the forum.
    Nope can't get that to work, keeps coming up with an error message when I try to download the photo's.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Nope can't get that to work, keeps coming up with an error message when I try to download the photo's.

Pete
    It may be the image size / quality. You may need to alter the settings on your camera
    B.A.S.C. member

Diana

It's an 34 sm. Had one in 2003 when Ramsbottom's were selling them off. Also came with a RWS plastic gun case and all for £220 back then. Mack 1.5