Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    That would be an achievement are you planning on actually shooting in June Paul ?
    Paul shoots ?

image.jpeg

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Paul shoots ?

image.jpeg
    The bench is too high Mick
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Here we go again Now I’m a dead little Actor

You feeling a bit better now then Mick
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

pmsl. Very nice avatar indeed mate

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

Pmsl, thought you did that Paul, should have known better! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Pmsl, thought you did that Paul, should have known better! 🤣
    I’ll sneak my old one back in later when Phantom Photo Fiddler isn’t looking

Today I stripped down the HW35 Lochschaft to see whats inside. I found an original steel spring guide with two bits broken off and floating around loose in the rear of the cylinder and a completely shagged spring of the Ox square section variety. Fortunately I had another spring (albeit too long) and a guide from another rifle with I carried out slight modifications to. I ended up cutting a coil off the spring, heating it up and re'shaping to finish. Its now cleaned up, regreased and shooting lovely on open sights. I reckon I will keep it on opens as there is a bit too much movement in the barrel to scope it up. The zero at 25 yards was inches rather than mm but on opens its grouping around 30mm so not too disappointed at all. A fun afternoon for once

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Today I stripped down the HW35 Lochschaft to see whats inside. I found an original steel spring guide with two bits broken off and floating around loose in the rear of the cylinder and a completely shagged spring of the Ox square section variety. Fortunately I had another spring (albeit too long) and a guide from another rifle with I carried out slight modifications to. I ended up cutting a coil off the spring, heating it up and re'shaping to finish. Its now cleaned up, regreased and shooting lovely on open sights. I reckon I will keep it on opens as there is a bit too much movement in the barrel to scope it up. The zero at 25 yards was inches rather than mm but on opens its grouping around 30mm so not too disappointed at all. A fun afternoon for once
    Lovely jubbly, Mikey Boy!

Glad you're loving it. And it's nice to keep one or two on opens.

If it's vertical movement on breech lock up......a couple of tips from our Mick.....a RWS Hobby behind the latch spring gives more preload. Or you may have to just file a little material from the latch face, allowing it to engage more fully.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely jubbly, Mikey Boy!

Glad you're loving it. And it's nice to keep one or two on opens.

If it's vertical movement on breech lock up......a couple of tips from our Mick.....a RWS Hobby behind the latch spring gives more preload. Or you may have to just file a little material from the latch face, allowing it to engage more fully.
    Excellent thanks mate. There was a fair bit of vertical movement, some of which has been sorted with a new breech seal. Unfortunately there is movement left to right too but as you say its nice to have a couple of rifles on opens. I had great fun blasting some old satsumas and stuff at 25 yards on opens yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Excellent thanks mate. There was a fair bit of vertical movement, some of which has been sorted with a new breech seal. Unfortunately there is movement left to right too but as you say its nice to have a couple of rifles on opens. I had great fun blasting some old satsumas and stuff at 25 yards on opens yesterday
    Mike, shouldn't be any movement in the HW35 barrel lock up in either plane, once set up correctly.

Vertical movement is usually due to a shagged detent latch lever spring. Either replace the spring or put a Hobby pellet underneath to pre-load it.

An over-thick replacement breech seal can cause variable lock up and string pellets up and down.

Side to side play can usually be adjusted out by tightening the axis bolt. Does it have shims fitted?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Paul shoots ?

image.jpeg
    Mick, I can vouch that Paul does shoot. He was kind enough to let me have a go with his HW80 in .25 flavour and I had four shots with it to boot (200-4 = 196???)

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Mick, I can vouch that Paul does shoot. He was kind enough to let me have a go with his HW80 in .25 flavour and I had four shots with it to boot (200-4 = 196???)
    That’s true Mark but I did actually shoot 4 myself (Teds my witness). So, the bad news is I only actually have 192 pellets left, I’d better ease up at The June Bash

Hi Guys,

May I ask if the LGU and LGV spring rifles have exactly the same triggers?

Thanks.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Hi Guys,

May I ask if the LGU and LGV spring rifles have exactly the same triggers?

Thanks.
    The LGU does, but I'm not sure about the LGV?

My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>