Thread: TX200HC - is it a worthy purchase?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    This may sound like a joke, but it's not. The blue seal is possibly a Diana part. Back in 2000 I ordered some stuff from Maccari and there were 2 blue seals. They were marked Diana on the under side. Very soft and pliable as well as indestructible. I kept one in a TX for 50,000+ shots and only removed it because I thought it had to be old and worn out. Still around somewhere and still pliable. Maccari now makes his own version of the old blue seal and it's also every bit as good. The joke reference is that I know you love Dianas. I've seen the same seal in a 48, but it was much too large for a TX.
    Not sure how that would work as the Diana blue seals are 28mm and TX/PS seals are 25mm I expect the wedge piston fitting may be the same but unless they were a experimental seal by Maccari and may be he was doing 25mm conversions on Diana's ??

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Not sure how that would work as the Diana blue seals are 28mm and TX/PS seals are 25mm I expect the wedge piston fitting may be the same but unless they were a experimental seal by Maccari and may be he was doing 25mm conversions on Diana's ??

Pete
    Custom air seals do a blue seal. Its a closed face type and marketed for Gamo rifles. It does fit the TX piston
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Custom air seals do a blue seal. Its a closed face type and marketed for Gamo rifles. It does fit the TX piston
    I know, I had one in my Brocock Independant before I converted it to the 25mm HW seal but mine was red and wasn't closed faced but yes they also fit the TX.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    The Diana seal for the TX is from the 24/27 and 94 rifles. They have a 1" seal.

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    The Diana seal for the TX is from the 24/27 and 94 rifles. They have a 1" seal.
    Aha! that answers that then, I gracefully stand corrected, not knowing overly lots about Diana's I have only ever worked on the later 34's which have the 28mm blue seal.

Pete