Thread: hw77 venom lazaglide "gold sierra"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold sierra and venom indicate that 2 tuners worked on the gun. I can't remember the name but there was a gunshop in Manchester that commissioned the gold sierra 80 and 77, from memory these had custom blueing and gold sierra engraved into the action. From your description i suspect the gun started as a gold sierra and later went to venom

Quote Originally Posted by Imp22 View Post
    Gold sierra and venom indicate that 2 tuners worked on the gun. I can't remember the name but there was a gunshop in Manchester that commissioned the gold sierra 80 and 77, from memory these had custom blueing and gold sierra engraved into the action. From your description i suspect the gun started as a gold sierra and later went to venom

Agree with that. Glad you bought it, Scott - I remember you posting on my thread below a couple of months back. So that's two of us on here who have one.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....93-Gold-Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Agree with that. Glad you bought it, Scott - I remember you posting on my thread below a couple of months back. So that's two of us on here who have one.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....93-Gold-Sierra
    I can remember reading the thread thinks yours had a different stock I'd love to see a pic atb scott

I owned a Northern Arms Gold Sierra HW80 a while ago. Of the two groups who worked on the OP's rifle easily the most important was Venom. Northern Arms main contribution would be cosmetic. No doubt they did a few other things too but nothing compared with the work involved in lazagliding.
    Anyway, should be a lovely rifle.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I have a 77K Venom Lazaglide in .22 with serial number 1022xxx which was shipped from HW in 1985 to Venom so if your serial starts 102 then I guess it's 1985 also.

Don't they shoot lovely, smooth easy cocking, hardly any recoil & no twang or other noises.

Rob
    Last edited by Robet; 23-12-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    I have a 77K Venom Lazaglide in .22 with serial number 1022xxwhich was shipped from HW in 1985 to Venom so if your serial starts 102 then I guess it's 1985 also.

Don't they shoot lovely, smooth easy cocking, hardly any recoil & no twang or other noises.

Rob
    This one will be 18 rifles after yours maybe made same day like you say it's shoots like nothing I've used I got 77 with top hat spring guide and a polish that shoots well but this is completely different atb scott

The Gold Sierra was from Northern Arms co in Doncaster.It came with tuned action,a grade 1 Walnut stock option of thumbhole or sporter,gold plated trigger block,trigger & trigger guard.