Thread: Walther CP88 competition in bits

Walther CP88 competition in bits

Does anyone know of anyone who can assemble and rebuild a cp88 that a previous owner dismantled for some unknown reason? I have all the bits I believe having studied the chambers exploded diagram on the web apart from the 3 mm ball bearings that were missing. I ve sourced replacements from Amazon. I live in Wolverhampton and have contactedlocal gunshops advertising repairs to air guns only to be told they don’t deal with co2 repairs. I’ve searched YouTube but the only helpful video is in German and not terribly clear if you havnt actually dismantled the pistol itself.
    I am there putting out an sos to anyone who preferably lives local to Wolverhampton to put the pistol back together. I’ll pay you the going rate, and would be happy to pay for any parts that may need replacing etc.

The UBC guide is good as far as it goes, but it doesn't cover complete dismantlement or reassembly. Might I ask how you came to be in possession of all the bits?

Co2

Thanks for the link, I’ve already seen and read that but as you say it dosnt cover a complete total re build. I came by the pistol in Kidderminster when I bought a steam engine of a chap on gumtree and he had various air pistols his deceased father had in his garage. Two were illegal brococks (bacs system) and the cp88 completely dismantled in a lovely oak canteen of cutlery box together with a complete smith and Wesson 586 which was cocked and fired etc but a bit stiff. I paid £50 for the two co2 pistols hence I don’t mind paying someone a reasonable amount to re assemble the cp88

Quote Originally Posted by Neill41 View Post
    Thanks for the link, I’ve already seen and read that but as you say it dosnt cover a complete total re build. I came by the pistol in Kidderminster when I bought a steam engine of a chap on gumtree and he had various air pistols his deceased father had in his garage. Two were illegal brococks (bacs system) and the cp88 completely dismantled in a lovely oak canteen of cutlery box together with a complete smith and Wesson 586 which was cocked and fired etc but a bit stiff. I paid £50 for the two co2 pistols hence I don’t mind paying someone a reasonable amount to re assemble the cp88
    I see. Did you want it reassembled in order to use it yourself, or in order to sell it? I get the feeling you are maybe not a shooter yourself, and if it's the latter case then it might be easier and more economic to simply sell all the bits to someone who deals in secondhand CP88's

No I want to shoot it. I’m having great fun with the s&w586. Back in the day I enjoyed airgunning. My email reflects a gun I once owned, an ISP Spartan with full engraving , all the brass work and even my name on the barrel. Stunning left handed spartan rifle which I had to sell to pay a large vets bill. I wonder where the rifle is now. I sold it for what I paid which was £500

In fact thinking back to the rifles I owned, I had some lovely rifles. I had a Skan R32, the Spartan, Theobenz fenman, ISP stutzen, aUberti Winchester and Henry that used the brocock bacs cartridges, brocock fox breakdown, brocock ppk pistol, Parker Hale Pheonix, and spring guns, the classic Hw35, 77 and probably half a dozen others I can’t remember now. Never owed more than 2 at a time and kept selling and buying to get the ultimate ISP Spartan. So I’m starting shooting again but am shocked to see how much the prices have increased from the late 1990’s. You could pick up a fenman then for under £200!

Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Neill41 View Post
    In fact thinking back to the rifles I owned, I had some lovely rifles. I had a Skan R32, the Spartan, Theobenz fenman, ISP stutzen, aUberti Winchester and Henry that used the brocock bacs cartridges, brocock fox breakdown, brocock ppk pistol, Parker Hale Pheonix, and spring guns, the classic Hw35, 77 and probably half a dozen others I can’t remember now. Never owed more than 2 at a time and kept selling and buying to get the ultimate ISP Spartan. So I’m starting shooting again but am shocked to see how much the prices have increased from the late 1990’s. You could pick up a fenman then for under £200!
    Yep , prices seem to have gone far too high when wages for some at least have not risen in proportion .
    Saw a cheapy Co2 bb pistol go for near £200 it was only yesterday these were like £70 posted here .

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Back to the re-assembly, there is a chap on here who'll do it for you. I honestly can't remember his name but I do know he lives in Banstead in surrey so you'll have to post it.
    Hopefully that'll jog someone's memory. If it comes to me I'll let you know.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Got it-

Lawrie Amatruda is your man! Send him a PM. He is a member but seldom posts.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

If Lawrie isn't available to put it back together it for you I'll sort it for you Neil.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.