Thread: Black plastic stocks ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anything involving melting or smelting metals = Awesome.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Anything involving melting or smelting metals = Awesome.
    I know, I had a couple of LEM moulds in the old days, even though the pellets were rubbish, it was such fun melting the lead and casting them.

I made up a batch of the .22 'spitzers' for a bloke who wanted them to reload into his .22 Hornet centrefire, but I never got a report on how they did ... probably just for plinking.

Got one on my old hw77k, There is a lovely feel to the grip of mine, I do like the plastic stock,

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    My first experience with a synthetic stock was awful, it was a FX Cyclone but had developed the common crack just above the trigger. This put me off the synthetic options for quite some time. I later had a CZ synthetic which although was flexible, was as tough as hell.
    I suppose it's down to materials used?

I currently have one on my FX Streamline which feels tough and gives me security in the "less chance to ding and scratch" department but we'll have to see how it goes... if a nice wood stock comes up for sale I will buy it though, nothing quite like the feel of wood on your cheek