Thread: Dive bottle testing in hampshire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Hi mate , They use to be one in Merley but moved down to Poole Quay now . I have used them in the past but never gave me a proper fill in my 300 bar 12L bottle , came out with 280 bar
    Lot's of dive shops have compressors that cannot do a full 300bar fill, because divers generally only use 230bar cylinders, the old one I used would fill a 300bar cyl until the pressure release valve blew at 270ish.
    equally if it's "while you wait" it might be a heat issue from not using a water bath.

Solent divers in Portsmouth is who i use.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Lot's of dive shops have compressors that cannot do a full 300bar fill, because divers generally only use 230bar cylinders, the old one I used would fill a 300bar cyl until the pressure release valve blew at 270ish.
    equally if it's "while you wait" it might be a heat issue from not using a water bath.
    No, plenty of divers use 300 bar. It's just some shops don't like starting their compressor so will feed off the tank instead. Plus they also don't keep the bottles cool so they fill to 300 hot which drops when your bottle cools.

southern cylinder services, fareham, they just revalved my carbon tank.