Thread: Czs200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CZ made a great little rifle and the barrel can perform like teutonic mega rifles. Very under rated. Hobbled by a shite shot count... generally you were pushing it to get 45 out. The triggers were also generally crap.

I loved mine. Worth getting one tuned and a Ratworks done plus some after market swapouts are worth the time.

The stock is generally too small for the average adult so a decent stock helps if you want to go the extra mile.

I hated the mod.. well the shitty grub screw fix you find on AA rifles but at least the safety isnt in the trigger like the 400. Truly rubbish idea.

Cz make good honest kit. The end of the 200 production isca sad day.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

So what is the going second hand rate for these little gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post

The stock is generally too small for the average adult so a decent stock helps if you want to go the extra mile.
    Cz make good honest kit. The end of the 200 production isca sad day.
    The stock fits me fine - but then Im petite. [ Yes, I am friends with Snow White! ] Is it only the target version that came with adjustable stock with the aid of plastic spacers?

Tis true. The loss of the S200, even though it is no longer the bargain it was when introduced, is a sad day.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

cz200

cz made, quite a few versions, one with a mk3 type stock but in red black laminate, one with a green mk3 type stock with adjustable butt and cheekpiece, and uit rail on forend, a hunter version which did have an adult sized sporter stock, the hunter and green version i think also had longer cylinders capable of a higher shot count, then there was a camo synthetic stock, AA did bring that version to the uk, no they arent perfect guns, but will outlast many out there out there and are simple to service, i gather AA have 15 years worth of spares!

I would have bought better spec from CZ direct if I was able

Hello I bought a Hunter model in 2014, first pcp and still have it. It is marked on the action as a CZ 200S. About 110 pellets per fill. Being 5' 6" and small with it, it does fit me well.
    Deadly accurate out to 50 yds. the length of the range.
    All the best.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The stock fits me fine - but then Im petite. [ Yes, I am friends with Snow White! ] Is it only the target version that came with adjustable stock with the aid of plastic spacers?

Tis true. The loss of the S200, even though it is no longer the bargain it was when introduced, is a sad day.
    Iam 6 foot 1 and a 19 inch collar. I adapted my style to shoot the s200. But I really shot well with it. Most will find it too short ans cramped in length of pull

As far as I am aware, the target was the only option with the primitive adjustable stock. I dod think of getting one.

I used it forcHFT then switched to 100 as I huntvas well as HFTd. Mine failed so I borrowed the clubs S200. The trigger was like a gravel parachute. None the less, I think I shot 75/80 on the day. The barrel was really good on the 200s. Cold hammer forged IIRC.

The essential mod would have been to srew cut thevbarrel to ditch AAs nasty cheap grub screw solution.

I think I lean to more technical stuff now ... preferably FAC modular switch barrels but you sure wont go wrong with an 200. I like itva lot more than the 400 even though technically, the 400 is more complete. But that little 200 barrel is a very good choice if you can adapt to shoot a shrimp of a gun.