Thread: The Britannia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have jut neen offred a boxed Brittania ser no 1601 with a bit of rust externally and im going to buy it. Cant wait for deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by craig durant View Post
    I have jut neen offred a boxed Brittania ser no 1601 with a bit of rust externally and im going to buy it. Cant wait for deliver.
    Hi Craig,

I don't believe any boxed Britannia air rifles are currently known, so I'd be interested to see what your new acquisition turns out like.

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Craig,

I don't believe any boxed Britannia air rifles are currently known, so I'd be interested to see what your new acquisition turns out like.

John
    Me as well. if you could put some photos up of the box please.

Well the Britannia arrived this evening and sadly there is no box and neither is it in a good condition. There was a misunderstanding between myself and a third party who offered it to me.Needless to say i bought her anyway.The barrel serial number does not match the trigger block number either. Barrel is 1492 and trigger 1801

According to a repro 1920 C.G Bonehill catalogue all Bonehill rifles were:
    '...put in a strong cardboard box, upon the lid of which the firms name and address are printed'

It's probably wishful thinking that any would have survived, but you never know.

Mine's sn. 1203, has the seesaw rearsight, 'C.G Bonehill sole manufacturer' on the top. No Anglo sureshot markings.
    Its just under 36'' and is in .177.

As you know john it's in quite nice condition. Little video to follow soon.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Hi John,

To add to your register I have sn 327, 'The Britannia' trademark on left side, 'Cox's patents C G Bonehill, Sole Manufacturer Birmingham' on top, 21" barrel in .177 The rear sight is of the twin leaf type, with the front one folding.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
    Hi John,

To add to your register I have sn 327, 'The Britannia' trademark on left side, 'Cox's patents C G Bonehill, Sole Manufacturer Birmingham' on top, 21" barrel in .177 The rear sight is of the twin leaf type, with the front one folding.
    That's another new one for the list!

Thank you.

John

Quote Originally Posted by craig durant View Post
    Well the Britannia arrived this evening and sadly there is no box and neither is it in a good condition. There was a misunderstanding between myself and a third party who offered it to me.Needless to say i bought her anyway.The barrel serial number does not match the trigger block number either. Barrel is 1492 and trigger 1801
    That's a shame Craig. I know of 1491, which is a .25.

John