Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
I have no wish, nor intent, to get into a p*ssing match on a public forum, but the precaution seems eminently sensible to me.

Spark or wadding fragments remaining in barrel after firing = a possibility.

Spark ignites powder charge in barrel while being loaded with flask containing up to half a pound of Class 1 explosive substance being held in hand close to head = v. unpleasant.

Let me put it this way - if it had never happened, why do the authorities warn about it happening?

However, in addition to the DSB Schwarzpulverbund [the German equivalent of the NRA but for Blackpowder shooters], the N-SSA of the USA [with about 5000 members, and the NRA of the USA [about 4 million members] also ban this method of loading loose powder.

As, of course, do the UIT.

As ever, please feel free to do as you like. I have no control over what YOU do, but do try and be safe in your sport.

tac

Mine was simple question to your statement of the practice being regarded as "Needless to say it's dangerous". I was curious, that's all, as I couldn't really see it.

And if you don't want to get involved in a "pi$$ing match on a public forum", then try not to adopt such a condesending tone, for as soon as you do, your "decades of blackpowder shooting experience" goes out of the window and you show yourself as some sort of prissy ar$e......