Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HW40, Gamo compact, IZH46M or Rohm twinmaster Top?

BUT

After all this invaluable and useless advice, The question is now!!!!!

Lynne What will you choose

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post

Tony

I wish I knew

Have had so much great advice from you all. I've been going to sleep all weekend with HW40s, FAS604s, IZH46s, Alfa Sports, Taus, B96s etc and all the review information whirling around my head....

Going to try a Tau 7 secondhand at my club weds night. Sounds like it might be bargain, and providing using CO2 doesn't seem difficult I might just have to buy it.

Watch this space.....

Co2's a breaze to use.(was gonna say its a gas) LOL
    Pop it in and pull the trigger, no compression to worry about
    Spent this afternoon playing with my pistols and rifles, best score of 158/200 using the HW40
    Mind you I suprised myself with my P23 (dont buy one for target work)

Got results to be proud of

Happy bunny I am today

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    BTW, I wouldn't store my expensive toys outside in the cold and damp, If security was a real worry a floor safe or pistol/ammo safe in an under the stairs cupboard would keep them cushdy.
    Thanks, don't worry it was only the capsules I was thinking about, not the pistol.

Co2's a breaze to use.(was gonna say its a gas) LOL
    Tony
    And I thought I made baaaadddd jokes!

ps I thought now you'd given up curries you should have less of a gas problem!! ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post
    And I thought I made baaaadddd jokes!

ps I thought now you'd given up curries you should have less of a gas problem!! ROFLMAO
    Oh no! Wrong Tony

Final Decision

Well......I thought I better update you all. I'm now the proud owner of a Tau7 CO2 pistol.

I was offered it secondhand at my local club and have had it on trial. It had been recommended by more than one of you gentlemen, and has generally had good reviews on the web.

In 2 sessions with the Tau, I have already started to form some consistent groups. I'm going to join in the UBC comps, as I fancy I nice wooden spoon

thanks for all the advice.

Linnet

Well done Lynne it's a good Pistol, now let's see what your made of, that wooden spoon is highly sort after, it wont be an easy battle. Aim for the top spot, it's empty up there.

Happy Shooting

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

ps HW40

Thanks to all the wonderful advice you BBS members gave me, this post has become a pretty informative thread for any new and confused target shooter wanting to buy a cheap competition air pistol....I've noted some of you point other newbies at it already......

So I thought I'd add a ps.

I actually went to play with an HW40 this afternoon. (Thanks to a very lovely UBC member - who I won't name in case he doesn't want 16000 BBS members calling!)

The HW40 is a fab little air pistol, and cheap as chips really. I WANT one , and aim to get one in a month or 2 - for garden plinking and 6M UBC comps. With practice, using the 'Cookie method' so I'm told (finger and thumb to push the top down) wasn't too difficult.

BUT buying a secondhand CO2 match pistol - was definately the spot-on choice for 10M target, for those that can't afford a PCP. I love my Tau 7! I've put about 1500 pellets through it in 2 months, so I'm getting to know it well. Accuracy is brilliant in the right hands (not mine yet!).

Also shot a BRNO Aeron B96 this pm, an equally fine CO2 match pistol, takes 5 pellet mags, so may be more fiddly for single-shot comps. The Alfa Proj also comes highly recommended, see details earlier in the thread.

Hope that helps another newbie!
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Welcome Linnet.....
    If you're ever up the A140 Diss way, drop in for a coffee and try my pistols...you'll see the selection in my signature....mind you...it's always changing...
    Was down in Felixtowe half-term with my daughter and grandson...dragged them along the front for an hour or so to get them away from the playstation...ended up in the amusements on the pier though....lol!!!
    Eric.
    Ey up Steady boy

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post
    Thanks for your welcome and opinions guys.

Thanks for the invite Eric, might have to take you up on that!

Linnet

ps More opinion still welcomed! No one has commented on the Rohm twinmaster range yet - any thoughts?

Anyone know if the 'tru-glo' sights on the HW40 can be made club-friendly or replaced? (Am I being a pain now?)
    Hi Linnet, he's never made me a coffee the meanie.

Still i'm not the fairer sex Lol

I'll probably see him this week, he'd better have the Kenko ready and a choccy biscuit.

Hi Eric

Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post

Still i'm not the fairer sex Lol

I'll probably see him this week, he'd better have the Kenko ready and a choccy biscuit.

Hi Eric
    'Scuse me!!!!!!........I seem to remember you sitting in my front room with a coffee once when I came home ....wife had some awkward questions to answer I can tell you....lol!!!
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post

Well I got 2 coffees!!! Mind you we did pick probably the coldest day of the winter to try shooting in Eric's garden!

Not sure if that makes us ultra keen or just foolhardy!!!
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Tony

Yep, informational overload!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    'Scuse me!!!!!!........I seem to remember you sitting in my front room with a coffee once when I came home ....wife had some awkward questions to answer I can tell you....lol!!!
    Eric.
    At least (SHE) the good wife made me one.

He's not a bad lad our Eric, we hhave had a few deals.

He even sold me a Tau7, personally i didn't like it Couldn't hit a barn door with it at 4 paces, still i am a c--p shot.
    That Aeron on the other hand is a beauty, me likes Pity 'm not wedged up like Eric Lol

Glad you like your Tau, noisy little beggars are they not

atb Red