Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Give us a bell and we'll send you one to try, as long as you NEVER type "wanna" again.
    Haha ok will give you a bell thanks Gary
    P.s I changed my post to want to!
    Bsa R10 se

I WANNA connect sl
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

I got a look through the SL yesterday. I was that impressed I nearly went back to PCP's. Only nearly

Quote Originally Posted by strobe40 View Post
    If so let me know please
    Hello strobe40 the connecta mount come today and I can confirm that it fits the Air Arms s410 beautifully and there is more than enough room for the mag.
    Bsa R10 se

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Give us a bell and we'll send you one to try, as long as you NEVER type "wanna" again.
    Hello Gary I've tried to pm you but your pm is full .

Atb

Dan
    Bsa R10 se

Just ordered an SL and I'm looking forward to giving it a thorough going over.
    I hope I will get on with the close eye position, but it will be nice to get back to the (improved IMO) SCB ret.

Quote Originally Posted by daystatedan View Post
    Hello strobe40 the connecta mount come today and I can confirm that it fits the Air Arms s410 beautifully and there is more than enough room for the mag.
    Cheers atb Rob

evenbad Guest
    Just a quicky are these connects good for close range ratting as I use a snipercam NV

The Connect SL arrived toady. It looked a very nice bit of kit for the price. Good solid controls and illumination too. The rubber enhancer felt good too. I set up a few markers in the garden and proceeded to set up the diopter focus, mag and PA.
    Major problem - I couldn't get the ret in focus. Even at the limit of adjustment the ret was still blurred.
    I called MTC and they said straight away if you need reading glasses (yes) then you may not be able to get the ret sharpened up. Due to the design, there just isn't enough range of diopter adjustment. The only solution is to return it.

Bummer! I was really disappointed as I had the feeling I was going to get on with this little fella....

So it has gone back - if you need readers for close work, please check you can get the ret in focus before buying one.
    I had to swallow the return postage so I hope you will be able to benefit from my disappointment.

Really pissed off - it looks like an excellent scope for HFT

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    The Connect SL arrived toady. It looked a very nice bit of kit for the price. Good solid controls and illumination too. The rubber enhancer felt good too. I set up a few markers in the garden and proceeded to set up the diopter focus, mag and PA.
    Major problem - I couldn't get the ret in focus. Even at the limit of adjustment the ret was still blurred.
    I called MTC and they said straight away if you need reading glasses (yes) then you may not be able to get the ret sharpened up. Due to the design, there just isn't enough range of diopter adjustment. The only solution is to return it.

Bummer! I was really disappointed as I had the feeling I was going to get on with this little fella....

So it has gone back - if you need readers for close work, please check you can get the ret in focus before buying one.
    I had to swallow the return postage so I hope you will be able to benefit from my disappointment.

Really pissed off - it looks like an excellent scope for HFT
    Hi Roger, I'm on my third one and they have all differed slightly .my diopter adjustment on the latest one was set in the middle, where as my other 2 were all the way round to the right. 20/20 vision aparently

hope it all works out for you.
    atb Colin
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    Hi Roger, I'm on my third one and they have all differed slightly .my diopter adjustment on the latest one was set in the middle, where as my other 2 were all the way round to the right. 20/20 vision aparently

hope it all works out for you.
    atb Colin

Oh well there's hope yet. If MTC are at Kelmarsh, I might be able to try a few and one might have enough adjustment.
    Thanks Tugg

I wear reading glasses with x2 magnification. I have 3 Connects including the new 24SL. The 24 was changed as I too could not get the ret in focus, its replacement though is fine. All three come into focus just before the adjustment runs out on the l/h side.

Rapid MK2

I was looking at a standard connect and wondered if anybody has any piccies of the scope on a rabid mk2.
    Also any details of the mounts youve used,other than that i'll try the sl on the std 30mm theoben mounts.again if anyone has any piccies ill be very keen to see them.
    Ta Paul.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/fu...tml?sort=3&o=3

I have a Connect fitted to my Rapid, this Rapid has a 100cc bottle and a nice new laminate stock being made for it.

If you notice, I have moved one mount back and used a reach forward/backward mount from the usual rear mount position.

This had to have some modifications made on the lathe, turning it into a single strap mount.

There has also been a small delrin bush made up to remove any movement on the rear mount, this is just fit and secured under tension.

The green TTR stock is now Cammo and sold to a man in Spain, the stock on the bottom goes on the top Rapid and the Lami on the lightweight MTC topped Rapid.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

impressed

thats a neat job, well done!!