Thread: The Norfolk bash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Sorry to hear this Dave, seems as though we have let you down, I wish I could have come down and to the last one as well.
    Thank you for the first event and the offer of the second, If you do hold another in the new year I hope its as successful as your first one and will try my damndest to be there.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I understand people's position Mel, weather, travel and this poxy situation. A lot of uncertainty.

Next year hopefully will be an improvement.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Definitely the correct decision, Dave.

And a big, massive, heartfelt thank you for keeping the Bash candle burning and opening your home and facilities to the cause. Truly a wondrous, selfless gesture. And you and Mick do it out of love and commitment to the cause, as whoever hosts it on the current basis most certainly isn't doing it without losing money. This, plus the anxiety, planning, getting all the behind-the-scenes bits and pieces in place.......you and Mick are certainly heroes and to be applauded.

I know it might not click with everybody, but remember before you offered to host? And a fair few said they'd prefer it to be "kept in the family" which is nice? And I appreciate that, I really do, especially for those camping like at Mick's enjoying huge freedom for a paltry sum, creating a unique atmosphere. But might it not be worth considering the use of a commercial venue for future events. Somewhere with existing facilities / suitable staffing etc so it's not just one or two people taking up the strain? One or two of the venues we'd semi-considered last year did also have campsites relatively close by, too........

We're looking well ahead now and it looks like we have a second wave of this dreadful pandemic to get through, too. Stay safe everyone, keep the faith, keep the Boing, keep in touch; we will get there and we will re-unite in Boingery nirvana sometime soon.

Love you peeps xxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Sorry to hear this Dave, seems as though we have let you down, I wish I could have come down and to the last one as well.
    Thank you for the first event and the offer of the second, If you do hold another in the new year I hope its as successful as your first one and will try my damndest to be there.

Cheers

Melv

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    I can only echo Mel’s sentiment, Dave.
    Thank you, mate.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation