Thread: Then venerable Tenex name returns to Eley match pellets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    It would be great news if they are made in the UK. I’m sure we’re just as capable of making a top class pellet with the right investment.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    It would be great news if they are made in the UK. I’m sure we’re just as capable of making a top class pellet with the right investment.
    They are made in the UK.

They are made by ELEY at our factory in the UK, alongside our .22LR production lines.
    I sell TatarGan in the caliber of the pope. Iron sits in the crocodile. A light bun turned out.

Eley Ventus vs Eley Tenex?

Have ordered a box of Eley Ventus as they are £4 cheaper than the Eley Tenex. I hope they will solve all my 25 yard benchrest woes. Have you tested either of these brands? Is there much of a difference between them? More importantly, are they better than the market leading makers such as JSB, H&N, QYS, RWS et al?
    Millimetres matter

Quote Originally Posted by Heugher View Post
    Have ordered a box of Eley Ventus as they are £4 cheaper than the Eley Tenex. I hope they will solve all my 25 yard benchrest woes. Have you tested either of these brands? Is there much of a difference between them? More importantly, are they better than the market leading makers such as JSB, H&N, QYS, RWS et al?
    I would be very surprised if they are better than round nosed pellets such as those manufactured by JSB & QYS at 25 yds

Myself and all of the benchrest shooters that I know have found that wadcutters are great at 10 metres but cannot match the Exact/Express pellets of JSB or the heavy streamlined pellets made by QYS at 25 yds.

Quite a number of benchrest shooters can regularly hit 250 - 16+x’s at 25 yds with JSB & Qys pellets, but I have never seen a 250 shot with wadcutters.
    However give them a try you never know.
    hold me back !!