Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
Just reading through this thread, and really enjoyed it..I was wondering if the lubes used are still relevant? The original post was in 2006, so what are the preferred lubes these days ?
The original lube scheme was from 1980, so it is a 'traditional' tune - as it says in the sub-title of the first post, for 'tuning the older springer'. It works for leather seal guns, 'O' ring seal guns and parachute-types and will give a smooth, consistent rifle which will become better with use and will not wear out. Dri-Slide will work well with the metal piston rings fitted to Webley Service and Feinwerkbau rifles.

It is a tried and tested tune, there are other probably simpler ways of effecting a tune on modern rifles like the TX etc, and I refer you to Tony's (bigtoe01) threads, or have a look at Jim Maccari's website.

Hot Sauce reel lubricant is the latest thing it seems, but I think Tony said you need to be careful about not mixing it with other lubes. With the internet it is much easier than in the old days to try out lots of different things, so get a rifle that is easy to strip (HW35?) and do some experiments!