Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
And you've totally missed the point again by referring to performance,
Do you test & compare your cheap no-name mounts with those of better brands ?.
Of course I refer to performance. What other reason would there be to buy or choose any piece of equipment over another if not based on it's performance?

And, no. I haven't tested different brand mounts because I've alway been happy with those I have. That's why I asked the question.

My point with the pellets is that we don't buy cheap purely because they're cheap, regardless of how they shoot
Wow... Really?... "we don't buy cheap purely because they're cheap regardless how they shoot"? - Says it all to me and I imagine this biased thinking is applied by most brand conscious consumers. Is this logic regularly applied when purchasing the expensive branded scope mount? I think it could well be so.

seems to be exactly what you are saying about the mounts buy cheap for the sake of it
Strange how some folk interpret things. Nope... I'm saying what's wrong with cheap if it does a good job and... Why buy expensive if cheap does the job? That was all. Your statement above suggests you seem to me saying buy expensive purely because it's expensive... utterly barmy! That's not a reason that's market conditioning.

I have tested different mounts because when fitted to a rimfire rifle those errors between POI at 20yds & POI at 150yds can be lateral movement of 2" or more.
Not sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting that through testing you have come across a mount (expensive?) that removes this lateral movement or that some (cheaper?) cause it?

I'm interested to know if throughout all your tests, whether you ever came across an expensive / branded mount that didn't perform well or caused any misalignment? or does the fact that a mount costing a considerable amount of dosh remove all probability of any manufacturing faults or imperfections?

Over to you..