Quote Originally Posted by Stot View Post
Problem is the Chrony doesnt go straight into ready mode when you attach a cable or change com settings. You need to wait until the -[]- is there sometimes. Its a pain but i cant even send a wake up command until its actually at -[]-.

Perhaps it would help if I made the status button stay disabled until ive successfully pinged the chrony.

Yes does sound like it could be. Also the Chrony misbehaves when its not in good light or under flourecents for example, even when you are trying to connect to it and send it commands.

Did you send the commands to get the status string or was it the shots that were registering ok in HT? The actual shot recording works

The Chrony Status bit is experimental at the moment as I only have an F-1 and cant test it with anything else yet.

Cheers
Stot
Yes it sounds like it's the status string. Only thing was it started misbehaving after it had been connected for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the chrony would register a shot (showing velocity on its LCD) but no response from the software. Other times the program would register it. I couldn't detect a pattern to this, only that for the half dozen shots I tried over hyperterm there were no glitches.

I'd just like to say the cable is a cracking piece of hardware that now lives in my Chrony when folded. The software also shows every sign of being a superb piece of kit. Keep up the good work!

Next on my wish list is a wireless sender so you can sit on the range line next to your lappy while the chrony sits anywhere you like downrange and sends its readings straight to the PC.