Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good bash that!
    Good trip up and back, managed the worst bash hangover so far BUT! I'm sure it was only the dt,s that helped me to hit the bucket eleven times standing
    Brilliant hosts, brilliant friends, great times.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Jamie you seemed far worse when I met you at the September 16 bash

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Jamie you seemed far worse when I met you at the September 16 bash

Pete
    I went to the summer 16 bash ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Good bash that!
    Good trip up and back, managed the worst bash hangover so far BUT! I'm sure it was only the dt,s that helped me to hit the bucket eleven times standing
    Brilliant hosts, brilliant friends, great times.

I hit the bucket loads more than that!!!

Bench rested with the Steyr......
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post

A bit cheaty then Neil
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post

Well the sfs tuning on the 95 certainly made it a lot more possible! Fantastically smooth firing cycle, in my humble opinion this is one of the smoothest rifles I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. However I did struggle with the flippy 95 habit.

Late post but echoing all of the above.
    Another great time had, even though, sadly it was another flying visit for me - but great to catch up with mates and new faces alike.
    Main thought is for Mick who, to be brutally honest, looked like he really was suffering throughout but still managed to provide for all, massive thanks to you mate - get yourself sorted soon.

See you all next year, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Glad you boys had a blast. I was down in Cornwall with my son watching the bloodhound British land speed record car... Great engineering, but I'd have rather been up there...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Glad you boys had a blast. I was down in Cornwall with my son watching the bloodhound British land speed record car... Great engineering, but I'd have rather been up there...
    Glad you had a great time, Jon.

But we missed you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Late post but echoing all of the above.
    Another great time had, even though, sadly it was another flying visit for me - but great to catch up with mates and new faces alike.
    Main thought is for Mick who, to be brutally honest, looked like he really was suffering throughout but still managed to provide for all, massive thanks to you mate - get yourself sorted soon.

See you all next year, Craig
    Sorry that you couldn't make it back on the Sunday, Craigy.

I trust your arms and shoulders are now fully recovered from your gardening marathon.

Hope you and the family are all well matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well the sfs tuning on the 95 certainly made it a lot more possible! Fantastically smooth firing cycle, in my humble opinion this is one of the smoothest rifles I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. However I did struggle with the flippy 95 habit.
    I have very recently got my Paul Short titanium pistoned 97 back from him after a visit for some minor fettling and some cosmetic work. It is awesome and you need to try it the next time we are at the bash. I absolutely love it - straight up favourite of my 97s now!! and producing 11.2 ft/lbs to boot!

I bet that's lovely, Neil.

Will you be making a video?

Hope you're keeping well.

-14 to go.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    -14 to go.
    Mmm, had to think about that Tone but... got it Seems such an age ago now ! (where is the 'eek' emoji ? I liked that one), I hate to think how many sleeps until the next one, I just hope I manage a couple of trips around the country to find myself with some Boinger Bashers some way or another

I've just got in from a lovely night of ratting and rabbit control with a friend from my range. We bagged between us.. Nowt !! But, as I say, a lovely evening nonetheless, you can't beat a bit of outdoors

Off to Bournemouth for a couple of days tomorrow so - Trumpetier, if you see a gun for sale down that way and you buy it, let me know mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bet that's lovely, Neil.

Will you be making a video?

Hope you're keeping well.
    2 things there...

I dont know about a video for this as I have not had the gun apart or anything, just let Paul have it and work a litle of his magic again. He has jewelled the comp tube, fitted one of his set back brass triggers, fitted some rather splendid stock screws and screw cups and made a steel rear guide that is attached to the trigger block. I also left an australian red seal with him to fit while he has the gun apart. So most of the work was cosmetic but those last couple of details just make the thing lovely to shoot. I might do a video - we will see.

Seond question - health. I have learned that I have prostate cancer. Apparently it is early stages and very treatable so now we move on to the treatment stages. I think the one I am going to choose is called brachytherapy where they inject radioactive beads into the affected area of the prostate to kill the cancerous cells. Interesting times as they say.
    Last edited by neil180; 12-11-2017 at 10:38 AM.