Page 49 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, as an unexpected bonus, I'm sat here looking at my spangly, funky little synthetic 30S.

Lovely little thing. Balances really nicely. And you know those panels that some commented looked like "fuzzy felt stick-on thingies"? Not a bit of it. They're all part of the stock and the raised areas on the forend fill the hand nicely. Like a "leading hand swell". And I love the cutaway near the butt section.

Quick five shots down the hallway with the opens resulted in a nice, tidy little 10mm hole with zero effort. No twang either. And I just LOVE that all-new smell!

If I can resist, they'll be the only shots that I put through it until I strip it and give it a little fettle. Better get that Supersport built up sharpish!

Oh, the offer of "I'll look after you" re the Vigilante didn't actually materialise, so I reckon that'll be going on the sales table.
    Glad you got the 30 Tone. Sounds like a sweet little number. You've got me wanting again lol.

I can safely say the beer has been flowing in spectacular form tonight. Having carried out a large under unit lighting refit this morning, my mates mrs cooked up an amazing curry for us this evening and then we headed over to the local bar for a few bevvies. A perfect evening. I hope everyones had a good one too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

I’m just thinking I ‘need’ a .20. Do HW 30S come in that flavour ?
    Not sure about the .20 thing, Pauly. I've never looked into it, to be fair. Might be worth asking the question though?

But then I think, maybe better to stick with .177 for the tiddler? We're generally talking around 7ft.lbs in .177 and 8ft.lbs in .22, so maybe a good thing to stick with the flatter shooting girlie calibre? And such a wide choice of quality ammo from excellent quality domed varieties to wadcutters in both practice and match grades? Cheaper than .20 ammo, too, plus I bet there would be a premium added to the price of the gun IF it were available?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Glad you got the 30 Tone. Sounds like a sweet little number. You've got me wanting again lol.
    Sorry, Mike.

The thing is they are SO sweet to shoot. All to do with the lighter internals, short stroke and reduced pressures / volume. Even straight out of the box the firing cycle is sublime and so very forgiving, even when compared to a mega-trick, super-dooper-tuned 11+ foot pounder. As long as you're happy to accept the lower power output, it's a winner.

And it's these very attributes which let me forgive any of the little shortcomings as detailed on recent threads.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I can safely say the beer has been flowing in spectacular form tonight. Having carried out a large under unit lighting refit this morning, my mates mrs cooked up an amazing curry for us this evening and then we headed over to the local bar for a few bevvies. A perfect evening. I hope everyones had a good one too!!!
    Sounds like a top evening, Mike.

Nice one.

Cool And The Sleepy-o-Meter Says.

Wahayhay!

Just 63 to go now my fine Boingerpeeps. Nine weeks (and a little less for some even luckier Boingerati). So, we're really nearlier nearly there and it's great to see these numbers tumbling down!

BOING!

And 69 for Pauly! Hey, Pauly, that makes it seven 69s back to back. You knackered yet?

Sorry, Mike.

The thing is they are SO sweet to shoot. All to do with the lighter internals, short stroke and reduced pressures / volume. Even straight out of the box the firing cycle is sublime and so very forgiving, even when compared to a mega-trick, super-dooper-tuned 11+ foot pounder. As long as you're happy to accept the lower power output, it's a winner.

And it's these very attributes which let me forgive any of the little shortcomings as detailed on recent threads.
    I would definitely be tempted with one because my boy would be able handle it in a year or so. The local gunshop to me has three used ones in stock at the moment in great condition. I believe they are up for around £130.00. I'd be tempted with a used one for fettling purposes. As a noob to fettling and tuning I would be more inclined to strip a used one than a new one.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

And 69 for Pauly! Hey, Pauly, that makes it seven 69s back to back. You knackered yet?
    I tried it ‘back to back’ Tone, it just don’t work
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Too near the bottom lads. Great mornings plinking with Ted at LVAGC
    Pete

I had a good few hours plinking at my range today. I just brought my faithful first rifle with me - HW77k, I am always impressed at how well it shoots as long as I do my bit, it always leaves a big grin on my face after bashing and chasing shotgun cartridges around at 35yds. The clubhouse there had a box of broken coffee mugs (only handles broke off) which we put out at 60yds and ended their days
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I had a good few hours plinking at my range today. I just brought my faithful first rifle with me - HW77k, I am always impressed at how well it shoots as long as I do my bit, it always leaves a big grin on my face after bashing and chasing shotgun cartridges around at 35yds. The clubhouse there had a box of broken coffee mugs (only handles broke off) which we put out at 60yds and ended their days
    I wish we had a range like that near Eastbourne. That sounds like immense fun to me

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Ted showed me how to shoot a tennis ball at 90 yards repeatedly
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The real challenge would have been shooting just the handles.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I wish we had a range like that near Eastbourne. That sounds like immense fun to me
    It is a good place Mike, very relaxed and good fun unlike some clubs that can be a bit ‘stuffy’. We’ve shot flat screen TV’s, Christmas decorations, kids toys and many other bits and pieces . We’ve got out to 60yds which has hundreds of spinners, silhouettes, Bell type targets and plenty of room to put paper targets at any distance up the 60yds.

If you ever find yourself up this way, I’d love to get you over there.

I’d love to get you over there.
    I bet you would
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25