Thread: Hw44

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Out of interest what is the HW75's MV?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Out of interest what is the HW75's MV?
    Mine was 375 fps (2.50 fpe) using Bisley Practice pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Mine was 375 fps (2.50 fpe) using Bisley Practice pellets.
    They originally ran spec at 425 fps but then dropped to approx your figure presented here but now back up 400 fps plus again..
    There is 2 theories for this being bandied about, one being they shifted the inlet hole very slightly....either to make cocking easy or other unidentified reason...such as excess oil in system but it does appear that the latest spec does seem to have slightly shifted inlet hole compared to mid term low power models...
    I have one running 440 fps though by simply running a full lenghth barrel into the useless void.
    Nobody ever bothered manufacturing a silencer for it rendering the void pointless.
    HW should have realised running a barrel full lenght would benefit velocity...esp with it being over 30 mm long...used a standard piece of Crosman 1377 barrel for the mod....chucking the rest of the pain in the ass 1377 out with the tat.....bloody thing.
    Last edited by clarky; 01-06-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Hw44

Down at the dealers on Saturday, there is some confusion if a silencer will be included by HW in the price, but the dealer I spoke to will be doing them for £575. however this may come down if HW do a discount for bulk.

Update on HW44 availability

Just had a chat with Pellpax re date & price:-

Now expected to be supplied to the UK September and price has not been decided.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!