View Poll Results: Venom Vs V-mach-your preference?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old School Venom

16 61.54%
  • V-mach

10 38.46%

Thread: Old School Venom lazaglide Vs Modern V-mach Weihrauchs...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hiya tony and graham

what a load of old codswallop tony that 77 will outshoot any of your gasrammed springers lol
    it is a bit hard to cock tho,but its not bad for me coz i'm a big un,and you know i do prefer a nice soft plob of the old venoms
    but this is the only springer that ive found 100% accurate as i'm far too lazy,this thing shoots the same held or rested,its just sooooo quick the pellets up the range before you feel anything,but then again i'm no expert like you ive only been shooting and messing with springers for a couple of weeks,i haven't got a clue
    see you sunday toe

Quote Originally Posted by davegee59 View Post
    what a load of old codswallop tony that 77 will outshoot any of your gasrammed springers lol
    it is a bit hard to cock tho,but its not bad for me coz i'm a big un,and you know i do prefer a nice soft plob of the old venoms
    but this is the only springer that ive found 100% accurate as i'm far too lazy,this thing shoots the same held or rested,its just sooooo quick the pellets up the range before you feel anything,but then again i'm no expert like you ive only been shooting and messing with springers for a couple of weeks,i haven't got a clue
    see you sunday toe
    its not as good as my HW55 Dave and you know it LOL

Its a beautiful rifle...im not going to knock the workmanship on it as it is way way better than anything I can do, I just did not like the way it cocked, as much as I don't like the way my 440TH cocks either. And as you say its devastatingly accurate. A collector would buy it for what it is, a superb piece of airgun engineering...and leave it as is, i would tinker with it and it wouldn't be a venom any more.

Now the one that Les has/had...I like that one more.

Thinking about it I bet a spring change would transform the gun, im wondering if something longer/thinner would soften up the cocking cycle but deliver similar power..the gun will remain quick and not hold sensitive due to the ally piston it has I bet.

last..Dave, you know I know you taught me everything you know.... or is it I know ...especially the 9/64th part

I will say this, Venom did experiment...seen 4 old 77's now and not one is the same spec as the other.

Im shooting my .22 hw80 gas ram on sunday...the one you hate