Thread: Webley Tempest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    IIRC those plastic cases were being sold off as old stock by a dealer many years ago... But they seemed like a daft idea at the time (when Tempests weren't as collectable as they are now) to carry your gun as if they came undone it would just fall out to the ground - unlike most top fastening pistol cases/slips.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    IIRC those plastic cases were being sold off as old stock by a dealer many years ago... But they seemed like a daft idea at the time (when Tempests weren't as collectable as they are now) to carry your gun as if they came undone it would just fall out to the ground - unlike most top fastening pistol cases/slips.
    As far as I can remember I bought a few of the plastic cases direct from Webley in the eighties, along with some of the later brown cardboard boxes with inserts whilst they still had a few remaining. I agree the design of the case was not perfect for the reason you quote, but the press studs are pretty secure.

Had 2 boxed Tempest, sold them to make room.
    I now have the boxed Hurricane and Typhone. One is cased like the 1 from Troubledshooter.
    Bot theyre not new. (anymore)
    ATB,
    yana