Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: One for the collectors

Quote Originally Posted by JSD View Post
    hi all, does anyone have a link to the air logic genesis that was for sale at the auction yesterday,
    today and tomorrow ? might be sold, do not know.. thankyou.. J.S.D.
    Hammer price was £650 + fees mate, sold yesterday.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...b-a9d10169b160

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    I see that I have been captured in said photo 😊
    Looks like 'Bob the Nob' to your right

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The Venom Diana 52 has just appeared on Freeads as well. I expect more will pop up there and elsewhere.
    Air Arms/Vmach elite break barrel is also on there at £1000
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Smile air logic genesis .22

hi shaunj, many thanx for the info.. kind rgds.. J.S.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    The park is already on freeads for sale for £750 along with a 8-32 x 44 scope. The new seller is even using the pictures from the auction to sell them both. Trying to make a quick £!!! Oh just noticed he is selling due to reducing his collection...wow and he only brought it today? Mach 1.5
    The same bloke is selling a mark 1 meteor. But I asked him for a serial number and he got all defensive. I just asked him what the serial number is and he reply with "Why do you want to know the serial number, do you not think its a mark 1?". So kind of suspicious and came across as a bit of a knob.

he has the serial no. in the description of the meteor and its on the box , as long as it matches the gun

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    he has the serial no. in the description of the meteor and its on the box , as long as it matches the gun
    He has two meteors. One in box and the other not. Im talking about the other. I found it odd he has the serial number for one but refuses to give out the other.

I see nothing wrong in someone buying at auction then selling on providing they are honest about it and do not claim ... 'been in the family for years ...' sort of stuff. If they make a profit, all well and good for them and if someone objects that it is straight from the auction, well they could have been there to buy it themselves.
    Interestingly there seem to be TV shows these days that do almost the reverse ... buy cheaply at an antiques shop then try to make a profit at auction. And how they get the antique shop to drop their price by maybe 50% I will never know ....
    Cheers, Phil

You shouldnt believe anything you see on tv Phil.

Mk1 Bsa Meteor.

Perhaps he is tired of people asking silly questions when you can clearly see what it is by the photos.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    You shouldnt believe anything you see on tv Phil.
    Too true but I bet there are many people somewhat miffed at not being able to get a 50%+ discount when they go to an antique shop now. But that's off topic ....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    there is a b&m bullpuped daystate ph6 like i have in the auction also
    I managed to buy it. I paid a lot. Is this the Original Daystate? What is it worth?

Pro Elite

Since he's asking £1000, and he paid £800 hammer price, the fees would have been £200 . So he's outing it for what he paid

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    Since he's asking £1000, and he paid £800 hammer price, the fees would have been £200 . So he's outing it for what he paid
    Might be from Bristol then

Quote Originally Posted by Peezeet View Post
    I managed to buy it. I paid a lot. Is this the Original Daystate? What is it worth?
    it cost you about £460 with fees? id say that was a good price. it looks so simular to the b&m style of stock making but you have the drop down grip like a asi paratrooper whilst mine is a thumbhole stocked version.contact daystate i would mate and see it they made it. its about worth what you payed to be honest. i wanted it to join my other 2 b&m bullpups but i was not prepared to pay the extortionate buyers fees they wanted. if you ever want to sell it drop me a message. regards.chris