Thread: I have been thinking about getting a new 80 but looking for reassurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The HW80, set up correctly, even retaining the 30mm piston, can still shoot nicely at sub-12 power. But a reduced cylinder one will be even better, generally. However, I have tried one or two beautifully fettled 30mm examples that shot sublimely (take a bow, WonkyDonky - others also qualify)
    Like any rifle it can be worked on and improved but why spend even more money on a new gun trying to get it to shoot better, just buy the right one in the first place, for me the 80 isn’t that great out the box compared to the Cometa Fenix it’s quite brutal and both are designed for big power but the 400 feels nicer at our legal limits. Now the 35 felt better to me more like the Cometa 220 I have very smooth, I didn’t get to shoot the 99, now the only thing I can say about the hw stuff is the triggers are good like the tx, the 400 needs adjustments to get it right, but I like the Cometa stock especially the pistol grip better.

Each to their own as always and enjoy
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Don't buy a new one, but a sorted MK1 , better gun and save some money 🤑

Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    don't buy a new one, but a sorted mk1 , better gun and save some money 🤑
    this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Like any rifle it can be worked on and improved but why spend even more money on a new gun trying to get it to shoot better, just buy the right one in the first place, for me the 80 isn’t that great out the box compared to the Cometa Fenix it’s quite brutal and both are designed for big power but the 400 feels nicer at our legal limits. Now the 35 felt better to me more like the Cometa 220 I have very smooth, I didn’t get to shoot the 99, now the only thing I can say about the hw stuff is the triggers are good like the tx, the 400 needs adjustments to get it right, but I like the Cometa stock especially the pistol grip better.

Each to their own as always and enjoy
    The Cometas seem like very nice rifles and offer excellent value. A mildly fettled 99 is an absolute joy. I think too many people might wrongly assume that the graceful old girl that is the HW35 might be past it. But it's not. It can shoot beautifully and show many young pretenders how it should be done.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!