Well, the 2x7x32 AO Saber arrived today. Lets be very clear about whatever I am going to say , that it is with regards to a scope that cost me £37.00 but it is retailing at nearly £70.00 from other outlets.

Packaging, box, the huge cleaning cloth supplied are much more than I expected.

The scope finish is a lovely mat black. The zoom ring is smooth and with absolutely no play or backlash. The AO functions smoothly but has just a little detectable backlash before the helix is engaged but is well dampened. Nothing major here.

The flip up caps are the usual cheap affair expected on these scopes but atleast they have been supplied.

The Turrets are oversized for a scope of this size which is a good thing. The windage is spot on. The elevation on my sample is far too stiff almost as if it has been locked but there is no lock that I could see.

The lenses are very good for a scope of this price bracket and so is the reticule. Much better and finer than my Vantage 3x9x40. The lens coatings are of the green variety which is a good thing. The scope shows just a tad of Chromatic Abberation against the ever grey Manchester sky but the field seems flat. Much better than I expected. The Eye Relief is good.

The one piece mount supplied is functional but it has 3 arrestor pins along its length. This is a very welcome suprprise and makes the mounting of the scope on AirArms springers and getting the Eye relief correct much easier.

If one is going to mount the scope on something like an S400 then the once piece mount has to be replaced as there is hardly any room to feed the pellet under the the low mount.

I have to wait till Sunday to give it a field test but so far the only gripe is that super stiff elevation turret.
At the price asked by JSR the scope so far exceeds expectations by quite a margin but the field test is the all important one.

A.G