Thread: 100 yards with 12ft Lb springers - initial investigations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What pellets were you using? We only get nice cut holes when using flatheads, using JSB Exacts or H & N Diablos, the pellets leave very ragged holes compared to yours, even at 25m

Nice shooting, I remember taking standing shots on knock downs at about 60 yards with my HW77 at Tawd vale, I did it twice in a row then retired gracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Nice shooting, I remember taking standing shots on knock downs at about 60 yards with my HW77 at Tawd vale, I did it twice in a row then retired gracefully
    I once hit a standard knockdown at 106yds (measured) offhand with my TX, first shot. I think the drop was about 5ft! Didn't get anywhere near it again though, even sitting!

Quote Originally Posted by rikmos View Post
    I once hit a standard knockdown at 106yds (measured) offhand with my TX, first shot. I think the drop was about 5ft! Didn't get anywhere near it again though, even sitting!
    There must have been a few folk with their gobs open after that!! That's when I would have put the gun back in it's case and gone for a brew!

There were a few, including the chap who'd set out the target to practice for the worlds in America that year! (He was using a Ripley at twenty something ft/lbs!). Wish I could claim it as skill but I doubt I'd get away with that, nice to get a fluke like that in front of witnesses for a change though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    What pellets were you using? We only get nice cut holes when using flatheads, using JSB Exacts or H & N Diablos, the pellets leave very ragged holes compared to yours, even at 25m
    JSB Exacts mate - the targets are on nice heavy duty card, this seems to help.

richg101 Guest
    very nice shooting.

using my hw90 12fp i can consistantly hit coke cans at 100 meters (9 shots out of ten). i doubt id get those groups though

would be great to see how you do shooting with a field target fac!

Mick C Guest
    Good shooting. You can tell i am new to this as i thought my Wierach would run out of steam at anything more than the 25m that i have been shooting it at my new local club.

nice work mate keep it up.its also good to see the support from all the other mambers instead of ye ye 100 yards.bet you were buzzing with excitement..spot on