Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TX200 is it?

TX200 is it?

It's been a while since I bought a TX, and the last I knew, the TX200 had a silencer-type-shape bit on the pointy end, like a HW97. This one hasn't: http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...psa2ca11b5.jpg so is it the 'new' regular TX200?

If so, that's annoying, because it looks a bit like the HC used to look

Oh, and do they come with the cocking aid now?: http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps9cb4fb67.jpg or is that an optional extra?

And, while I'm at it, this 'new' one is far easier to cock (.177) compared to the old TXs... and it shoots really nice.

May be getting old, but I'm not senile.

BTW, secondary question, how long should I boil it before I can scrape the scales off?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    You utter barsteward! You knew I need one of them. Glad you got a gay one though, those scales should come off with some 40 grit.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    You utter barsteward! You knew I need one of them. Glad you got a gay one though, those scales should come off with some 40 grit.
    You putz - I bought it on your behalf (if you want it) because your secretary said you were too busy to take my calls!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    You putz - I bought it on your behalf (if you want it) because your secretary said you were too busy to take my calls!

Oooh, I'll have my man email your man!

Oooh, I'll have my man email your man!
    OK And tell your stupid auto-response robot that he/she has offended an important client

Does it look like a full-fat TX?

Been looking on the AA website, and they (daftly) don't give the barrel lengths for the TX/TXHC but it looks like a TX to me - with the cocking aid from a HC

Been looking on the AA website, and they (daftly) don't give the barrel lengths for the TX/TXHC but it looks like a TX to me - with the cocking aid from a HC

Well that's halved the value!

Well that's halved the value!
    Feels like it's 'Glided' straight from the factory... gun like that could put aftermarket kit-sellers out of business

Feels like it's 'Glided' straight from the factory... gun like that could put aftermarket kit-sellers out of business

You'd think so. I know I did!

Not a chance wait till you try a proper short stroked one

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Not a chance wait till you try a proper short stroked one

I'm game for that Nick

Perhaps you could bring it along to the Boinger Bash for us to play with ?

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think there are going to be quite a few shortened stroke, and shortened port (including one all the way to zero) TXs at your bash

I was really keen on getting an LGU, but now I'm so happy with my TX's, I may just stick with them and get the new FWB instead

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I think you may have a fettled and slightly done up BAM B40 in a TX stock.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa0e39f51.jpg

But I may be wrong.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I know where you're coming from Pete, AA seem to have reverted to the older style barrel catch, like I had on an early TXHC (and as seen on the Bam copy).

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/products/o...powered-rifles

I've handled a Bam 40, and while it seemed 'ok' as a novelty, it was finished & blued like a cheap gun, and a bit 'clanky' - like a fake Rolex for 25 quid.

Have taken some fresh daylight pictures now: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...00%20mk3%20177

Having not tried a MK3 TX before, I have to say I'm impressed so far... still weighs a ton, but seems to balance better than the older ones... and the bluing is fab. Very black, and looks wet with oil even though it's dry. Like a Venom or sumfink

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I know where you're coming from Pete, AA seem to have reverted to the older style barrel catch, like I had on an early TXHC (and as seen on the Bam copy).

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/products/o...powered-rifles

I've handled a Bam 40, and while it seemed 'ok' as a novelty, it was finished & blued like a cheap gun, and a bit 'clanky' - like a fake Rolex for 25 quid.

Have taken some fresh daylight pictures now: http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...00%20mk3%20177

Having not tried a MK3 TX before, I have to say I'm impressed so far... still weighs a ton, but seems to balance better than the older ones... and the bluing is fab. Very black, and looks wet with oil even though it's dry. Like a Venom or sumfink
    Well looking at the photo's and it says AIR ARMS on the side, I'de say my BAM theory is way out the window, on your first photo's, looking at the end of the barrel, it looked solid with no silencer inserts in the end (it's probably the excellent tight machining tolerances that make it look like there's no gap)

it is strange indeed what they've done, I don't like the older style barrel catch, it looks like someone has just stuck an OXO cube on the end, the older rounded off one looks much better.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Ah yes Pete, there is a fine line where the insert meets the shroud, about 2 or 3mm from the end. It is a very fine joint. I can barely see it through my old eyes without a magnifier.

::digging out old photos...::

So you prefer this design of the un-shrouded barrel endings? ... IIRC with that version, the whole assembly screwed on to the screw cut TX barrel, and the small under-slung clippy bit alone weighed about a pound, like it was made of uranium, so it was something of a muzzle weight.

I didn't mind the look of the old TXHC 'OXO catch' here and here to be fair. But I best check if the new one here is the same shape as the old one.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 17-04-2014 at 12:08 AM.