Thread: Rossendale MTC - refurbished club range now "officially" opened.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Although it was Robin that pushed me to take up rapid fire to improve my shooting it was Nige that found the LP10 for me, think there are five or six at our club that now shoot rapid and it is a blast. There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger on a turning target and I watched quite a few youngsters doing it at Bisley and they were very good at it, and that was over a distance of 25m. The sec of the British Pistol Club told me the five shot pistol disciplines that were shot with multi shot "real" pistols at 25m are becoming more popular and shot with air. Whole now world!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Although it was Robin that pushed me to take up rapid fire to improve my shooting it was Nige that found the LP10 for me, think there are five or six at our club that now shoot rapid and it is a blast. There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger on a turning target and I watched quite a few youngsters doing it at Bisley and they were very good at it, and that was over a distance of 25m. The sec of the British Pistol Club told me the five shot pistol disciplines that were shot with multi shot "real" pistols at 25m are becoming more popular and shot with air. Whole now world!
    There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger

We did give this a brief go and the results were about the same as mine

Thanks again to Bob and Paul for making me so welcome, another pleasant evening of chat and shooting, a chance to see some classic CO2 pistols that I have not seen for a few years now and a drive round the following day to explore some absolutely stunning scenery, Not only is Rossendale MTC a friendly and welcoming club it is set in one of the most beautiful area's I get to visit, I always like to bring home a souvenir from my visits around the country, normally a postcard or similar, This time I got to bring home a lovely LP10
    Last edited by nige346; 30-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger

We did give this a brief go and the results were about the same as mine

Thanks again to Bob and Paul for making me so welcome, another pleasant evening of chat and shooting, a chance to see some classic CO2 pistols that I have not seen for a few years now and a drive round the following day to explore some absolutely stunning scenery, Not only is Rossendale MTC a friendly and welcoming club it is set in one of the most beautiful area's I get to visit, I always like to bring home a souvenir from my visits around the country, normally a postcard or similar, This time I got to bring home a lovely LP10
    You don't know how lucky you were Nige - you could have been fobbed-off with an old glove from IJ - like I was !
    Last edited by zooma; 30-05-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You don't know how lucky you were Nige - you could have been fobbed-off with an old glove from IJ - like I was !
    That 'old glove' as you call it as earned me hero status throughout the North West airgun fraternity. One of the very few to get one over on ZOOMA.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That 'old glove' as you call it as earned me hero status throughout the North West airgun fraternity. One of the very few to get one over on ZOOMA.
    ...if only that were true...

But it is so good to know you now have Super Hero status within the North West airgun fraternity as I know you were already held in very high esteem in the Rivvy Club.

I still have that old glove of yours and I wouldn’t sell it for the world as it means so much to me

... mainly because it reminds me that someone managed to sell you a glove that was totally useless to you and that deserves respect because he had to get up really early to pull that one over on you !

I think he is a REAL Super Hero and a legend
    Last edited by zooma; 23-10-2019 at 08:41 PM.

We shot our first LP5 at the club last night and we were very impressed with its smooth trigger and accuracy.
    As a single shot pistol is was a lot better than we expected it to be as we had heard that the triggers on LP5,s were not that good, but this one is nice.
    As a rapid fire pistol we found the action to be smooth and trouble free so we are really happy with it and hope to be able to find another one (CO2 or PCP) as soon as possible.
    We would also consider a nice LP50 if one should crop-up !
    Our LP5 is the standard length pistol, we have never seen a “short” LP5 or LP50 but it has been suggested that the short pistols “point” faster and could be better than the standard length for rapid fire?
    Hopefully we will get to see one sometime, but for now we are more than happy with our standard length LP5.

Had nearly two years so far of trouble free shooting with my LP5, I have just reset my trigger to factory settings since was shooting with the trigger how it was when I got it, The factory settings are very good indeed and made a huge improvement over where I have been shooting with it suggesting that these settings are about right, One of our club members shoots the short version and does very well with it, I find it too light but that's a personal thing,

The LP5 standard is actually already shorter than the LP50 Standard so worth bearing in mind,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more