Thread: viper 10x44

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I got mine yesterday, and it only needed one complete turn on the windage (right/left turret), and two clicks on the elevation turret (at 30 yards). No shimming necessary, and I used the supplied mounts, on my MK3.
    Noli illigitimi carborundum.

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    I got mine yesterday, and it only needed one complete turn on the windage (right/left turret), and two clicks on the elevation turret (at 30 yards). No shimming necessary, and I used the supplied mounts, on my MK3.
    Thanks Gepetto
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Just mounted mine to my HW97 using Hawke medium mounts. Went straight to Pete`s Airgun farm to do some zeroing. It didn`t take long to get it zeroed at 35yds , from then on ,the rest of my aim points aren`t that different to my Bushnell 3200 10x40.
    At first I was a bit disappointed that the focus wasn`t as broad as had been mentioned before ie: clear at 35, hazy at 15 and 45. This was sitting in the barn at Pete`s shooting paper to get aim points. But once I went outside and shot HFT targets the clarity , (with the paralax set at 25yds) is superb at 45yds and down to 15yds. The marks on the paralax adjuster seem to be pretty well spot on for ranges.

I would definately recommend the 10x44 Viper for HFT.

Andy Y
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Mine was a bit low on the first shot at 15 yards so I put 2 pieces of negative under the rear mount. A few clicks left and it was zeroed. The ret seems to be perfect for airguns because the first cross down was 45 yards.

Blinking good scopes - can't get any better. Im a pants shot but I like decent kit and I think that as I now own three MTC's after owning Nikko's, Leupolds and a few others - they have got to be the best scope on the market for the money. And - if nothing else - the aftersales is better than any I have experienced before. If only I could get my staff at work to be soo helpful!
    "Nearly gone but never forgotten!"

viper

removed due to objection
    Last edited by davebelton; 30-04-2007 at 03:00 PM.

tintin Guest
    Just got mine. I'd like to thank nickpan for going out of his way to make sure it arrived in time for the club shoot at Quarry.
    Exceptionally bright optics. The half mil lay off points helped me get my best score at the club using an AA in .22 (still a lot to learn - reckon I should be called 'barndoor').

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by davebelton View Post
    can get viper scopes at good price pm me if interested
    Unfortunately Dave - as you are not one of our dealers any scope you sell will not be supported under warranty