Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
Actually investigating the pro's and con's and possible purchase of a PCP This weekend Tony !
Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
Can't wait for Tony to come along

You're in trouble now John

Oh dear.

Very disturbing.

Although I actually have my own PCP dilemma / tussle going on here.

No, no, no. I ain't considering buying one. I can actually appreciate their merits, but I simply do not have the use nor the desire for one.

However, like you, John, one of my customers does a lot of deer stalking in Scotland. He and his wife are considering moving up there and he doesn't want his air rifle to take up any ticket space. It's a S410. He wants to GIVE me it when he leaves, knowing that it'd go to a good home. Rifle, scope, bottle, charging gear etc. It would somehow be rude to turn it down, but I really have no desire to own one. And I wouldn't want to sell it if it's been given to me in good faith.

What to do?

Y'see, my not wanting one isn't a "blind hate" thing. But to start to have to consider things like bottle refills, safe transportation of said bottle and testing of the bottle at the required intervals really isn't something that I really want to get into.

I did speak to a couple of peeps at the September Bash about it. And one chap did say that I have too much of a conscience and to accept it and flog it. But I really don't know how to handle this once the situatiion arises. Many people, I know, would be well excited about getting a decent quality PCP combo for 'nowt, so I feel a right muppet even considering turning it down, like a spoiled brat.

If only he had a Boinger instead!