Thread: idiot neighbour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reporting

Quote Originally Posted by DM1964 View Post
    This is annoying, if you cant kill cleanly don't pull the trigger, but to shoot into someone else's garden is against the law and breaks shooting etiquette, I would be having more than words with the idiot.
    If he carries on, take some phone footage and give it to local police, or better still call police and inform them there is an armed man in your street, see if he likes the reception.
    Yes agree this man needs to be brought to book . The OP's temperature could sort this one out swiftly enough and if not he is justified in reporting this .
    However when knowing the surrounding situation beforehand to then tell the Police there is " an armed man in the street " would escalate things to the unthinkable .
    Keep that sort of mischievous remark to yourself !
    Ignoring the immediate threat to life your deliberately inaccurate suggestion could bring , this could get only you into a lot of bother with the Police .
    Recently too many innocent airgun owners , many members here too , when out shooting with permission have gotten a Police gun aimed at them over the same dangerous routine of people who dislike us and our hobby calling the Police when they see someone out on their permission .
    And you advocate doing this deliberately ?
    Shame on you.
    In such circumstances the best come uppance would be the Police arrest and charge the person who made such a report - when its discovered after doors have been kicked down , shots fired and there's blood in the street , that they knew the person and wanted to stir things up .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 12-06-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    This is just unacceptable, much as we are all part of the air gun community, it's difficult to accept this kind of behaviour when it's clearly causing offence and distress to people, let along being totally illegal. Perhaps drop a not through his door explaining you were a bit upset at the time, but putting this into your own words in a friendly but factual manner? It's not good and neds to be addressed, you don't want anyone thinking it's you now do you
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

101 and report him before he injures someone. keep a diary of things.
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

Random shooting of Wood Pigeons is in breach of the general licence,
    Shooting across someone else's property is illegal
    shooting a bird on land without permission is illegal,
    shooting within 15m of the road where it causes alarm or distress is illegal,
    Shooting across a public road is highly illegal.

He's bought it on himself, by being an utter t**t report him.

Better he is reported by a fellow shooter, than by an anti, it shows other shooters don't like these idiots either.

idiot neighbour

report him anyway
    the pellet should never leave his property

It's idiots like this why airguns will be on fac very soon

Dave.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    Report him anyway
    the pellet should never leave his property
    Is the correct answer. If he cares so little next time a ricochet could hit one of you.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

1. You can it shoot wood pigeons under the GL in most circumstances. It's clear his killing sprees don't fit into the limited exemptions. So, he's breaking the law.

2. Shooting outwith his boundary without consent is also breaking the law.

3. Leaving animals or birds to die in pain without a follow up shoot etc is also against the law.

Anyone suggesting you don't report him just in case it adds fuel to the 'antis' is just as much a problem for the sport as your neighbour. He needs to be reported. We need to hold our own to high standards. We cannot claim moral high ground against the antis if we turn blind eyes to this. One day he may end up shooting someone by mistake given his clearly reckless behaviour, and then where does that leave you given you knowingly let him do this? Get it reported.
    Last edited by Dàibhidh; 16-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.

An idiot opposite was shooting into the street from a front bedroom window & hit my young son in the back of the neck, broken skin no other injury. I phoned the police & gave a running commentary while on the phone as he was shooting. An air rifle & drugs was found in the house, the teenagers parents denied it was him !!!
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I think it very sad when someones first reaction is "report him".

I have never been a "report him" type of bloke, i would sooner deal with it myself.

Best to go and have a word with him about shooting out of his boundary. I would of looked on the dead pigeon as a bit of extra ferret food, so would my mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Random shooting of Wood Pigeons is in breach of the general licence,
    Shooting across someone else's property is illegal
    shooting a bird on land without permission is illegal,
    shooting within 15m of the road where it causes alarm or distress is illegal,
    Shooting across a public road is highly illegal.

He's bought it on himself, by being an utter t**t report him.

Better he is reported by a fellow shooter, than by an anti, it shows other shooters don't like these idiots either.

Shooting from the middle if the road is not illegal if it does not cause alarm etc to users. If there is nobody or thing viisible to alarm, then you could shoot.

Not being part of your permission is actually the bigger point re shooting from the road.

The bigger picture here is the illegal use of a firearm to shoot quarry that the GL does not accomodate as well as shooting across your permissions boundary.

For this, I would report him. If he is shooting, then a ricochet is a high possibility as well as elevated shots landing anywhere. Bit of a twat all told
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

You are clearly much more restrained than I... it would have been much worse than ‘heated words’ if that had happened in my garden.

Report him, it will be doing the world a favour.

He’s not a airgunner, he’s just a nob that owns a airgun, id have reported him the second the pigeon landed on the garden, he broke the law plain and simple, turning a blind eye would be just as silly as shooting a bird from your neighbors tree and no second thought for where that pellet would land 🙄

Inform the police, offences have been committed. If they think they are getting away with it then the regularity will increase. Someone or something thing will get hit but an airgun pellet, if an offence caused then it becomes a firearms offence immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Yes agree this man needs to be brought to book . The OP's temperature could sort this one out swiftly enough and if not he is justified in reporting this .
    However when knowing the surrounding situation beforehand to then tell the Police there is " an armed man in the street " would escalate things to the unthinkable .
    Keep that sort of mischievous remark to yourself !
    Ignoring the immediate threat to life your deliberately inaccurate suggestion could bring , this could get only you into a lot of bother with the Police .
    Recently too many innocent airgun owners , many members here too , when out shooting with permission have gotten a Police gun aimed at them over the same dangerous routine of people who dislike us and our hobby calling the Police when they see someone out on their permission .
    And you advocate doing this deliberately ?
    Shame on you.
    In such circumstances the best come uppance would be the Police arrest and charge the person who made such a report - when its discovered after doors have been kicked down , shots fired and there's blood in the street , that they knew the person and wanted to stir things up .
    Oh grow up man