Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick postage cost for Rifle Parcelforce

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Parcel Force will not offer additional insurance for air guns. It's £100 and that's it. It really isn't worth using their service for items worth more that £100.
    Except there is no other legal carrier for the general public.

Quite. Still not a wise thing to ship via a courier that won't cover the costs if they wreck or lose it. Cheaper to deliver in person by any means if needed.

How does insurance work with an RFD transfer? Terms and conditions tend to be different for business accounts compared to those for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlle View Post
    How does insurance work with an RFD transfer? Terms and conditions tend to be different for business accounts compared to those for the public.
    RFDs usually have goods in transit insurance in with there business insurance.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    RFDs usually have goods in transit insurance in with there business insurance.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Through the couriers RFD's have insurance on new guns but not secondhand guns. They may of course have their own insurance to cover, but most will not provide any insurance at all if you are doing an RFD transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger1234 View Post
    Through the couriers RFD's have insurance on new guns but not secondhand guns. They may of course have their own insurance to cover, but most will not provide any insurance at all if you are doing an RFD transfer.
    Then why would anyone use an Rfd transfer for an air rifle? Seems rather odd. Although I spoke with Liam at airfective about my impact, and said that if probably use a transfer and he said just use parcel force.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger1234 View Post
    No it’s nothing to do with the couriers insurance. As an RFD I have goods in transit insurance as part of my business insurance policy. So sending second hand air rifles is fine, they are covered by my policy. This is why as RFDs we charge for transfers as it’s all part and parcel of the peace of mind for you.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

I would think that household insurance could cover your own airgun if for example you were sending it for repair or upgrade.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Except there is no other legal carrier for the general public.
    I'm left wondering what the 48 stands for,their tracking service stated out on 24.10.18 when it worked, and the parcel still hasn't arrived.

Tracking service not available today

Presumably if the filler could be removed, like a S200 or S400, it's no longer a sealed tube. Not a hard job to refit a filler valve on one of these.

Makes rather a nonsense though, that a S400 would be accepted but a BSA Ultra for example would not.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Arrived today at 12-20hrs,I make that nearer 144hours,hardly a disaster,but it does make a mockery of the service title
    Last edited by piggy589; 29-10-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Arrived today at 12-20hrs,I make that nearer 144hrs,hardly a disaster,but it does make a mockery of the service title
    Weekends always cause delays. I had one sent to me on a Friday by PF48 and it arrived the following Wednesday.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ten days or 240 hours is the record so far,perhaps they should rename the service "within 48 days"?

Our village PO is a mobile van service. It calls at four or five villages during the day, and by the time it gets back to the base PO around 5pm the collection van for PF parcels to go to the hub has already left. So I can never get 48 hour service from PF48, it's a minimum of 72. I can only get 48 hour service by paying for 24.

If I drive ten miles to the sorting office before 1500 I can get 48 hour service.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Ten days or 240 hours is the record so far,perhaps they should rename the service "within 48 days"?
    Yep! One I sent PF 48 took ten days and I found it very embarrassing even though the buyer was very understanding.