Thread: wad size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whats the difference with the semolina? I've being using Whitworths as it's available at most supermarkets and I found that by measuring into phials before loading I can get the balls seated at the same depth.
    ROA, 20 grains Swiss 2(measured phials), cast ball from what ever lead I can source, home made felt wad lubed with 60/40 lard Bees wax(same mix for my Martini lube) and I'm getting pretty good results.
    No problems with fouling and comes up clean after a putting into an ultrasonic cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by jennings View Post
    Whats the difference with the semolina? I've being using Whitworths as it's available at most supermarkets and I found that by measuring into phials before loading I can get the balls seated at the same depth.
    ROA, 20 grains Swiss 2(measured phials), cast ball from what ever lead I can source, home made felt wad lubed with 60/40 lard Bees wax(same mix for my Martini lube) and I'm getting pretty good results.
    No problems with fouling and comes up clean after a putting into an ultrasonic cleaner.
    i use the whitworths,was using measure phials also, so was taking to the range ,30 selmonolina phials same with bp.
    now just bring tub of semolina an spoon, 20gr bp then fill to the top with selmonolina press ball down,

wife was telling me that asda do a kilo bag corase somolina £1.38 so might give that a try
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 29-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    ballkeeper